Monday, June 04, 2007

I think it will wind down

So Saturday was the grand finale for dance. Sunday was looking calm and all week we wound up with more and more, it became a full day. And I missed half of it with Autumn. We think she has fifth disease-it is really a virus in the same family as chicken pox but milder. She was covered in a hive like rash even worse on Sunday and threw-up. We got worried made calls and figured out what it was. So I stayed home from church. We sent the 4 other girls to church and Lee Joe went to see Thomas who was with a friend in Idaho City this weekend and that was the time to see him. Then our neighbors had a cake and ice cream block party-I went to that. Then Lee Joe took the 3 healthy girls and gimpy to Darren and Carrie' s for Wade's graduation party. I stayed home but they had more cake and ice cream after dinner there. Then we went to Meridian to surprise my nephew Dylan for his 10th birthday. He thought the party was at my mom's. He wanted a surprise party but it wasn't there. Then he came home and there we were in the kitchen. He was so cute. He stayed upright-unlike Amber's friend-but he was genuinely surprised. Then my mom came with gaming rocking banana chair and then he went outside and saw he got a new basketball hoop too. We had more cake and ice cream.

Today I spent 3 and half hours on the playground at school volunteering for field day. I did a clown shoe relay. It was the most brutal thing. The clown shoes were hard plastic and most of the kids had to take their shoes off and many kids had flip flops or low ankle socks and the shoes were hurting the kids ankles and I had 2 kids that needed band-aids. I was 90 something degrees today with humidity. We never have humidity. Tomorrow it will be in the 60's and it will be that way for the rest of the week. It looks like the pool is out for the last day of school. Such a bummer.

Some things clam down but with Gimpy, she gets a ride to school now. And all the kids are getting out at weird times this week so I have make 3 separate pick-up trips. I guess it is prep for next year sort of. I don't EVEN want to think about next year. I hope we get Amber a license here soon.

2 comments:

Janika said...

Aunt Janika approves of the little ballerinas. Strange that my daughters have yet to take dance. We wish we could have been there.

Janika said...

No wonder nobody has commented on my blog. Where are you guys?