Thursday, June 14, 2007

almost a fiasco

So we thought a formica countertop was a doable easy cheap countertop. Especially when the labor has been traded out already. But I told the guy I didn't want wood on the sides I just wanted formica. I threw him for a loop I guess because he hadn't done it that way before. So 2 1/2 days later I have a finished counter that had a big mistake on the edges because- just because I guess that is what you get when you are only paying for materials. He did a really bad backsplash at first and then he redid it the next day and it was perfect-the way the counter should have looked. And figured out where the mistake was made on the counter. But I have fixed it up and have made it look like something that was meant to be there on purpose and it doesn't look so bad now. I will take pictures and post them later. It about became a nightmare for us all. With the good comes the mess. I have to rewash many of my dishes and there is dust everywhere and I have a lot of work to do to get the kitchen the way I want it and have about decided I will do most of my repairs and remodels on my own here on out.

Today I cleared out Hannah's room and put her new bed together. It is all painted but the new mattress I ordered won't be here for a week. In the meantime her crib mattress is on the floor under the bed and I can go through all Hannah's stuff while she is bed and I can throw away and get rid of stuff without her. You can't throw anything away when she is around. It is all her "favorite". All 3 little girls are camping on the floor in her room tonight.

The girls have had free lunch at the park this week. We still can't seem to go anywhere without injury. I forgot my summer rule that we were going to duct tape all the girls to the floor. We went to the pool Tuesday afternoon. Hannah got a blister on her foot walking there with Amber. So she didn't want to get in the water. She was playing around the outside of the pool and she slipped on one of the lid thingys. She skinned up both knees really bad and her foot and above her ankle. She tried on 4 pairs of shoes yesterday before she found a pair that didn't inflict pain and walked funny half the day. She has two of the biggest band aids you can find on one knee, a regular big one on the other and 2 bandaids on one foot. We forgot sunscreen. New to this pool thing for the summer. So 2 girls had sunburns, one had blisters across all her toes from the bottom of the pool and the pool wasn't kind to Kelsea's ankle. I guess that is one way to make sure the girls want to stay home awhile.

Pictures are coming and I have a bunch more remodel work under way once I reclaim the family room from Hannah's stuff.

2 comments:

Janika said...

I think you keep yourself busy just so you'll have something to blog about ;)

Unknown said...

Pure craziness on those feeties! Better fix em up quick!