Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Speaking of ER

Monday night was eventful. But not as much for my family as our neighbors 2 doors down. They are the ones that gave me the fantastic fruit basket. I pulled into the driveway close to 7 and saw the dad crawling in the grass and I thought he was playing with one of the boys. The kids saw their dog running down the street. Kelsea caught him and then came home and told me that one of their boys might have broken his arm or dislocated his shoulder. Their daughter was already here and she stayed here. They took him in, he completely broke his arm just below the shoulder ball joint. He stayed the night in the hospital and Drissa stayed with us. He was going to have surgery and then the surgeon changed his mind and sent him home with out a cast. They won't cast it till Thursday and then after 5 days they will decide if he needs surgery. Isn't that awful? He is in 2nd grade and an active boy. I worked at the school again on Tues and was impressed that I single handedly got 4 girls ready for school, Lee Joe did help some, I can't take all the credit, and we were out the door at 7:45 am after a night of very little sleep at all. The big drama at recess was somebody's pet zebra finch found it's way on to the playground. It couldn't fly very far. A group of kids found it and thought is a baby or hurt. We tried to catch it with no luck. It figured out how to fly right out of our reach on the top of the portable. Girls went in for recess real worried about the bird and a bunch of little boys had screaming drama at the tetherball pole. I came home completely exhausted I couldn't move from about 6 until 7:30 and needless to say I slept really well last night. Today Hannah went to the eye doctor. We have not been able to eye patch 2 hours everyday-can you see why? She went a little backwards on her progress.So they put a film over the lense on her glasses on the good eye she has to have on all the time. And I am ready to rest now that I have taken care of the trip to the bread store and Costco. At least until 3 when I pick up kids and go to a volleyball game after school.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take it easy there sport!

What??? You get help with getting your kids to school?? Thanks LeeJoe!

All 3 kids are home from school today 1 is well. and I've blown my top with Sierra already today before noon. I think I have been around her bing sick for TOO long!