Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Autumn

So I guess Autumn's health and wellness streak lasted too long. She is in a sling now with a splint on her arm. She fell off the monkey bars and landed on her hand, but her elbow is what is hurting and swollen. The stinker never cried, or told the nurse or her teacher. She came home and said it hurt. Lee Joe looked and it, so did I and we weren't sure. She went to school yesterday and then the nurse called me and said it was bothering her. I wanted her to stay at school, she has missed way too much already. She got home and I felt I should take her to the doctor. I had to take her to a different clinic than I usually go to. The doctor was very nice but I kind of doubt her experience. She said she wasn't sure if her elbow was broke but she was going to send the x-rays to a radiologist. I would hear back from her in 2 days. Then she was putting on the splint and she didn't seem like she had done that very often. So she went and got the sling, she put it on backwards! I left there feeling like I should have gone to the ER or insisted my doctors office see her no matter what. I drove by the school on the way home and saw a bunch of cars. It was the night of the ice cream social. So at 7pm, no dinner in any of us yet, we went and had free ice cream at the school and all of Autumn's friends and classmates surounded her and asked her 100 times what happened. It is her right arm and she is having trouble writing. We will see what kind of day she has at school today.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Isaac got off his cast from his broken foot a couple of weeks ago, and I do not know what the healing process is supposed to be, but he is still limping pretty bad. I am probably going to have to take him to the doctor to figure it out.