Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The tree fiasco

We always get a real tree but I have been looking at artificial trees for a few years now but haven't bought one. This year I wish I had. I sent Lee Joe on Monday with the three youngest in search of the annual tree. The past few years they have been really small so we were looking for a taller one. He got a nice tall and fat one. We didn't get it up in time to decorate it Monday so last night was the night we could do it but it was just me and the 3 little girls. It had been up all night and all day. We were putting lights on the tree and Kylee was handing them to me and all of a sudden the tree fell over on Kylee and the tree stand ran up the front of my shin. Kylee was fine but my shin was not. Huge raised bruised bump up the front of it. So we tightened the tree stand up and we were able to decorate the rest of the tree. At 4am the tree dumped over again with some disasterous results. I happened to hear it. We have a few glass ball ornaments that the girls have made and one was a gift to Kelsea that shattered. We have a tradition of the girls getting an ornament every year so when they get their first tree when they leave home they will have ornanments from their childhood. Five of those broke. 4 were repaired with super glue that Lee Joe got for me around 5am and one was not repairable. There was water all over the tree skirt and my doll nativity. I had considered putting my nice set under there this year. I am glad I didn't. The good news this morning was I found a replacement that almost matched the unrepairable ornament at Target. I may find the humor in this and do a picture for my Christmas cards with the girls in it reinacting a falling tree. So later today when Lee Joe and I are both home at the same time we need to adjust the tree, attach it to a wall and put bricks on the back side of the stand and then we will have to decorate the tree all over again. It was very pretty.

And TOMORROW!!! Amber will be doing her drivers test!!!!! And might-I say might-have a license at the end of tomorrow. I am afraid, but I don't have to take her. She is a little freaked out too. Her permit expires in January so it is good timing.

1 comment:

Janika said...

I remember the fun of cutting a tree as a family, but I have not had a real tree but twice since I left home. I love my artificial tree. I always know where it is and how it is going to look.