Thursday, December 06, 2007

Some sad news

I am sad but if I had time to have shared with my grandparents more I would be more of an impact but my Grandfather in Connecticut passed away. He has had Alzheimers for years and the last time I saw him when Hannah was 18 months he could only remember me as a little girl. But I treasure them because they took more time to see me growing up than my father ever did and from what my grandma tells me is that the only time she has ever seen him cry was the day we left Connecticut because she says he just adored me. I didn't have that great of a relationship with my other grandparents that I grew up with after that. It was a good relationship but I knew I couldn't compete with my sister. He was a special grandpa that loved music so much that he collected instruments from all over the world. He could play some of them but he claimed not very well and those are the things I remember about him. And amazingly I can remember being in Connecticut even though we left when I was that young. Maybe I am sadder than I thought. So I am trying to figure out if I am going to the funeral that is on Monday.

No comments: