Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Here is my good, bad and the ugly report.

Ugly first-poor kitty's tummy. It looks quite funny now though when she walks.

The good. We have had lots of travel this year. We have been to 3 zoos, Disneyland, Lagoon, Sea World, Up and down the West Coast. And the sudden trip to the East Coast. Great visit with my dad and his family. Someone has a drivers license

The bad, the loss of my grandfather, but I feel his presence. Falling Christmas trees, Expensive headaches. No time and the kids are growing up too fast. Oh yeah, someone has a drivers license.

But it is nice to reflect this year and admit it has been a good one.



So I have been sick with something since Christmas. It is getting worse and very annoying right now. I am pretty miserable. I would love to get SOMETHING accomplished on this long holiday.
Hannah is 6! My baby is 6 years old. I am having a trauma over my baby growing up. She had a nice birthday. She got a Disney princess game from my mom for the Wii. And she got the Barbie Island princess stuff from us and a cabbage patch doll from my sister that wets itself.
I am about to celebrate New Years with my husband and 3 youngest daughters. My sister and her man may show up in time to celebrate with us. Then I get I to fetch Amber and a friend on the other side of town from a church dance. Too far and too many drunks and policemen to let her drive.

Devanie thought this was a funny story so I am sharing. Amber was able to drive on her date the Friday before Christmas. But it snowed while they were in the movie. Too much to let her drive someone else's kid home and herself. Lee Joe was moving a road grader to Costco for Snow removal. About the time the movie let out he was at the theatre. I gave him ahard time about driving them home in the road grader. But He did it anyway. Amber and Matthew road home in the road grader. When they pulled up in front of Matthew's house he got his brothers and parents outside to show them. A very memorable way to come home. On Friday this week he came over with Amber's other friends to play the Wii. They ended the night playing a board game called Quelf. It is this hilarious board game of just random things. They had to write haikus about armpits and other silly things. Kelsea had to play leap frog. One of the cards said that when you land on an opponent's space you had to hold hands with that opponent. Matthew rolled next AND landed on Amber's space. They held hands for the first time for a whole 3 seconds before Amber could quickly roll the dice for her turn. She was so red and it was SOO very funny. That is my continuation of the silly teenage saga.

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Janika said...

How thrilling that Amber is so shy. My 12-year-olds are already talking about boyfriends and texting and calling them without end. Isaac can start going to the Youth Dances next month. That hit Mike pretty hard when I whispered it to him in church on Sunday. Isaac was hoping that there could be and exception so he could go to the tri-stake new year's dance.