Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What to call it-I don't know

I don't how to title this. But yesterday was Hannah's day. We haven't done preschool with Hannah for a long long time. So we went to the library. I got there in time to go to the music and movement thing they have there. It has been awhile since we did that too and she was not so sure. We stayed for two songs and she looked like it was painful so we went and looked for books and then came back for the last 2 songs and the parachute and she liked that. I decided spur of the moment to take her to the zoo. It has been since early fall that we went and I told her she could get something at the gift shop and she remembered something she really wanted. I wasn't sure she would find what she wanted and we walked in and she found it instantly. She has an incredible memory. The word she uses lately is she knows the stages a caterpillar goes through to become a butterfly and when she says chrysalis she blows me away.

Autumn could be a little Autistic. I have to an expert about it and it sounds a lot like she is a little. But one of the things she does is fixates on things and consumes herself with her interests and deviates very little. It started with Care Bears and lasted years and I was excited when she showed interest in anything else. So now she is fascinated by the the solar system. Her class is going to the planetarium today and she is so excited. She has the planets memorized better than Kelsea and is thinking and talking about space endlessly. We call her little thing she does Autumnism. Even her teacher has noticed some of her little quirks. By the way, she is still in a splint and sling now.

I am trying not to think too much about it. Trying to keep my thoughts distanced from it, but Amber is trying out for drum major. She wants it so bad. She leads the band today and had her interview yesterday. The band teacher did say that he has asked the kids in band what they think about her and he said that the kids respect her. That could be good. There is a really good senior trumpet player that keeps telling her she is the future drum major. About 3 of Amber's good friends are trying for the spot too. They are such good friends that it shouldn't be too bad if one of them gets it. She should know by Friday.

Kelsea got a 2 on her solo. What was strange is she got a half a point marked off for her locking her knees. The lady that played piano for her had judged earlier and thought that it was not right for her to get marked off for THAT.

I mowed the lawn last night and had the worst allergy attack I have had this spring. I had to stop and find all my allergy stuff in between my nonstop sneezing. Amber finished the lawn for me and as I moved the trampoline it tool a bite out of my most comfortable $2 pair of athletic pants. Then I sneezed so much I got a headache after everything calmed down. I was hoping sleep would get rid of it but it escalated and I got little sleep. I finally took some medicine at 7 and Lee Joe got the kids ready and arranged for our friends to do today for carpool so I didn't have to drive. Miserable. Usually the stuff I am taking is wonderful but I can still feel it but it isn't as bad. Not much is getting done today. But at least I am upright. I need to go find a stick to beat the laundry down in the laundry/bathroom. It is crawling all over the place in there.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Isaac called me from school yesterday to bring him some allergy medication because it was so bad he couldn't concentrate.