Wednesday, May 30, 2007

my little rant

I have found driving around town there is a new club for drivers. It is most aggravating. I am bothered by speeders and I am not a road rager really but this could put me over the edge. This new club is called the 5 mile and hour club. To be a member of this club you must drive 5 miles and hour BELOW the posted speed limit on impassable streets. The lower the speed limit, the more affective member of the club you are. I have found many members of this club while driving around my neighborhood and I do lots of driving. I get upset over the people driving well over 25 down my road but there is nothing worse than getting stuck behind someone driving 19 to get to my house. I don't think my car idles that slow. That means if I drive about a mile and half behind someone driving that slow it will take me at least 4.5 minutes but that doesn't include the stoplight which adds another 3 or 4 minutes. I have been stuck behind people driving 30 in a 35. They are everywhere. I have never seen anything like it. Because the club is growing and I encounter at least one member everyday. They are of everyage and male and female. So take caution. And make sure you account for the extra time needed while travelling if you get stuck behind one of these club members

3 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

They have that club in Reno, too, but to join, you have to start out in the FAST lane on the freeway!

Unknown said...

Hum. . .Sounds a lot like getting behind a Floridian.

Janika said...

They have several huge chapters of the club in Arizona. They also require members to stay in the right lane on the freeway to prevent merging traffic from entering and recommend that in town any right hand turn from the regular travel lane not be made until drivers have come to nearly a complete stop.

I am fortunate, I just realize, that there is not a single road, except for just entering my neighborhood that I do not have two travel lanes to get around idiots. It creates a lot of frustration for club members to have such minimal impact. Still occasionally, a couple of them will get together and drive side-by-side.