Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's day weekend

I barely survived Saturday. I fulfilled the obligation of mother to the far reaches of my sanity. I had too many places to be in too small of time frame and no husband to rescue his wife in distress. But somehow I managed to see Kelsea do her solo(she did a great job!) and made Amber wait with 3 extra to bring along and got Amber to her hair appointment 15 minutes late. But had called ahead so all was well. My neighbor was laughing at all my comings and goings from 1 until 4:45. I would have laughed too if I had been the observer. And when I got back I retreated to my room exhausted. Lee Joe was going to take us out to dinner but by then I didn't want to go anywhere else so he brought us Port of Subs. I was happy as could be with that.

Sunday the kids gave me my gifts. I got a tennis racket. I asked for that, washable silicone cupcake hoders, crocs, a necklace and some kitchen storage containers and heart Kylee made at school out of clay and a scented decorated pouch for my closet from Autumn. Then we had a baskin robbins ice cream cake later. And my mom likes to have reasons to get me stuff sometimes and I got a fountain from her. So I had a nice day.

Kelsea's boyfriend broke-up with her last night. She was kind of sad but she was ready for it herself so it wasn't that bad. The boy that likes Amber "rescued" her Saturday because Amber left her purse at the church after the dance and he brought it to the house at 11:30 that night.
Must fetch more kids again.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

My heart goes out to kelsea. But she can do better then him anyway. She is to pretty and smart to go with the first one.