Tuesday, May 29, 2007

If you hadn't heard--

If you haven't read Devanie's blog yet, we switched gears and went to Utah to see Devanie instead and we spent the motel money on tickets to Lagoon. We can get them at Costco here for $30. That is a $7 dollar savings per person. I have hard time switching gears quickly but I went to Costco for the tickets instead of leaving for Wyoming and Amber took a much needed nap and Kelsea stayed up till 12 working on an English project.

Lagoon was great fun for us all. The older girls and Lee Joe were more daring than last time and went on the roller coasters they didn't go on last time. There weren't as many people there as last time so even though we got there at 1pm we still did lots. I made the mistake on going on the tilt a whirl with Hannah and Kylee. I get sick swinging back and forth twice on a swing. So I think it should be renamed the tilt a hurl. But I didn't do that-just felt like it a long time. Met Devanie and all the girls. We all took turns holding the baby and made sure Devanie got some ride time too. One of Kelsea's friends from school was there and she thought Devanie's girls were her sisters. Kelsea went on the rocket 3 times, 2 times with Devanie, everyone else was a wimp(me included) Hannah even rode a roller coaster and loved it
We went to all the Salt Lake things on Sunday. Kelsea was holding Aurora and got a funny look from a lady. I think she thought the baby was hers since they both have red hair. But we had a nice time and I got some pictures of the girls with the Salt Lake temple in the backround.

Before we went to the zoo on Monday something had to happen to make the trip memorable. Kelsea was running down the stairs with Lee Joe. She was trying to beat him to the bottom and jumped--and caught the last step all wrong--and hurt her ankle really bad. Now we have been through this before so we iced it and went to the zoo anyway. Rented a wheelchair and wheeled Kelsea all over the zoo. It was packed so the wheelchair was more difficult than a stroller to get anywhere. But thank goodness it was the zoo and not Lagoon so she could still participate. We really enjoyed the zoo. Hannah had to see armadillos and Giraffes and she saw them both. We liked everything. The zoo there was much much better than here.
In all, with the switch in plans which suited us all just fine in the end, We had a great time, great food, Great company and enjoyed every exhausting minute of it all.

Today we took Kelsea took the doctor. Our family was quite the topic of conversation with the nurses and the X-ray tech. She asked me "Which Lay is it today and what did she do?" I wasn't going to take Kelsea at first because I had my fill. Lee Joe was off. I figured I better take her because Lee Joe wouldn't remember anything. I suffered through all the attention for my accident prone brood and the verdict was she did the best job out of all the girls and there is no question that her ankle is fractured. The tech showed me and I could see it too. She is in a fancy black velcro boot up to her knee. She thinks she is going to decorate it with colored duct tape. The worst part though was there was a volleyball camp she was going to be at this week and she can't put weight on it at all this week. And she is suppose to do Summer school PE once school gets out. 3 hours of PE a day through June. I don't think that is going to work. I have some things to figure out. More Pics are coming!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome Awesome!!!

Love the pictures. That was a GREAT vacation. Even the break (broken ankle break) made for lasting memories!

Love 2 U all!