Thursday, May 10, 2007

Day 2

Day one was destruction. All tile on the wall was removed. Some tile on the floor. A cabinet added. Some particle board set down and sink put back in. Day 2 saw the rest of the counter top in place. Laminate was glued on surface of all regular height counter space and the breakfast bar was built but no laminate yet. The kitchen is more efficient, more counter space and with the raised part I hope for clutter control. I love the color we picked for the counter and Lee Joe and I even agreed on it. I told him this winds up being the perfect mother's day gift. I have wanted a new counter since we moved in our house 8 years ago. I may get new cabinet doors out of it too-WOOHOO! But that is later.

I did something to my leg today but I didn't feel any pain. I was bleeding and didn't know it. One of the guys pointed it out. I was really bleeding and could not feel a thing! It took me a few minutes to recall how I hurt it. I took the trash out and piece of tile sliced it about an 1 to 2 inch gash. But it didn't hurt after I cut it. It still doesn't hurt. I guess I will see how it feels in the shower but it is kind of open. I wondered if I needed stitches at first. It will be fine I am sure. Just weird!

Today was the first day in a long long time I could come and not have something to do until close to 7.

Lee Joe is leaving for an overnighter tomorrow for a service project on a father and sons outing. Too bad we don't have any boys he can take but all the girls have stuff on Saturday. So I get to run around alone again all day

No comments: