Thursday, November 30, 2006

Near miss

I know I have been blog happy lately But I need to update before it gets super busy. We had a very close call tonight. It has snowed since 3pm today. THe roads were starting to get slick at 7. I was sitting at the computer and heard a loud thump. I asked Kelsea if she dropped something she came down the stairs and heard what I heard we opened the door to see Kylee on the front porch and tracks driving through our yard and the neighbors just missing the houses and 3 cars. It knocked over a really large rock in the yard(the thump) and just missed the Kia parked on the road. What was the scariest was that the girls had been playing in the yard moments before it happened and Kylee saw the car drive through the yard. THey lost control and regained it once the hit the snow. We have been here 7 years and never had anything that close happen before and I had told Lee joe hours before I wanted him to park in the lawn next to our van. It still would have been safe there. He is parked in the lawn now. And the girls are safe and have been able to play in the snow in the back. It is hard to see the yellow snow in the dark. I am counting my many many blessings. We will see how tomorrow morning goes. I get to do the cross walk with the roads in the condition they are in. I am very nervous already!

No comments: