Wednesday, November 29, 2006

BRRR

We had some rain and snow monday night. It got COLD so the rain froze. Driving wasn't bad but I had to work at the school on Tuesday. Just a half day. I was outside for at least half the time I was there and my Butt was so frozen. The rest of me was OK. The kids were highly entertained with the ice on the blacktop but I had to chase them off once 20 kids were trying to slide on one small patch of ice. Nobody was hurt badly by the ice until 4th grade came out for first recess and The boys come from around the corner of the school. I was walking over and talked to a boy doing something and he randomly tells me Dylan fell. I see him walking from behind the school with a group of boys all comcerned. He was pushed on the ice over there and fell and hurt his head. He looked Ok. But he plays the tuff guy around his buddies. It didn't look awful and he played football. When he went in he looked like he was a little uncomfortable. By 11:30 when I was leaving Melissa was picking him up. He was in tears and before she got very far down the road he was throwing up. She had to take him to the pediatrician. A CT scan later he has bruised his brain but was not bleeding. He went home and slept the rest of the day but he is limited on his physical activity for 3 weeks. I don't know how many times my kids have hit their heads and been fine. And he seemed fine at first but his symptoms were typical for that kind of injury. If you looked at his head an hour after he hit it you couldn't tell where it was hit. Crazy! SO it is still very cold. I am glad I am not at the school today because it is even colder. But I will be there Friday. I think it will warm up a little by then. Tonight is crazy. It hasn't been that bad lately. But We have piano and violin-AMber and Kelsea, Activity days-Kylee and Autumn, YW in excellence-Amber and Kelsea and we have to go to of course, And then we have to run Kelsea to a Jr high school for Honor orchestra audition at 8:45. Maybe we will find some dinner. Gotta run!

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

Lay's are built to take a pounding. Dylan just doese'nt have it in his blood. Good luck at the with the try outs.

The Woodward Family said...

I took your advise on the Airborne. I'll let you know if it helps us...