Friday, November 24, 2006

Hope Thanksgiving was happy!

So here is what we will be eating for the next month-Turkey and potatoes. I am not sure how things escalated this way but we wound up with two 20 pound turkeys and an 11 pound smoked turkey. I didn't buy any of them!! Then I did buy some potatoes at Costco and then I was given more. One of my neighbors gave us some fresh ones from a local farmer. I think it amounts to 50 pounds of turkey and maybe 30 or more pounds of potatoes. I suppose that is a lot to be thankful for. As a matter of unforeseen events we will be paying off the van in the next week so the budget will be tight for little bit so I guess we will get very creative with turkey and potatoes. Our Thanksgiving was nice. My mom, sister,David(her man) Dylan and Kailyn, my brother Matt came over. Lee Joe and Amber and Kelsea played football in the morning. Traditional church turkey bowl. David and Dylan played too. I watched the parade and prepped a turkey, and looked at the Friday ads. The guys watched the Dallas game. David was happy his Cowboys won. He is one of the BIGGEST Cowboy fans. Born and raised Texan boy. The turkey was so good we didn't have as many turkey leftovers as I expected. No burning of any of my body this year. A new phobia after the cheap aluminum pan I used one year leaked on my bare foot giving me a nice 2nd degree burn. New stainless steel pan worked beautifully. Friday Lee Joe may brave a couple of stores for me at 5am and then play basketball before he does side work. And I am hanging out at home hopefully getting Kylee and Autumn's room back together. Maybe get some Christmas out. Jared and Michelle and kids (Lee Joe's uncle about 1 year older than Lee Joe)are coming over and will park their car here and Lee Joe will drive them to the airport so they can go to Disney World. I guess I will clean the car tomorrow too. Autumn and Hannah are at Melissa's tonight and I need to take the girls to see my moms new house this weekend. A nice weekend to kick back before the frenzy begins! I hope everyone had a nice Thanks giving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr. So I get to type this again. Thanks for the advice. I did get a few individual things like clothes and Kaeli is getting a CTR ring. They all wanted rings but it isn't easy finding rings for the two younger ones I was lucky to find a ring for Kaeli. They get a total of five leapster games to share. But they all have their own leapsters. I am sure Kaeli will eventualy want a ds or a psp. but we will wait until she is old enough to handle it. thanks for the advice. It helps.

Maryanne said...

How about thoes broncos that play on blue turf. Not a bad season. Ross scored another touch down last night. He is supposed to be coming over to KY in January. We will get to spend a lot more time with him.