Wednesday, November 01, 2006

bad memory

I meant to take pictures last night after everyone got home and I forgot. Autumn was a pixie. Kylee was a vampire bride of some sort. Kelsea was Meg from Hercules. Amber wore her shoe on her head. Yesterday was event filled. I was still finishing up Hannah's costume. Lee Joe didn't get to Hannah's pumplin so I started carving that even though I shouldn't have-my shoulder.I had to make Pigeon Poop. It was a big hit at the kids party. I was in charge of the party in Autumn's class. We had table of horrible sounding goodies. We also had teachers eyeballs (jello jigglers with grapes) Witches fingers (carrots) apples with slime (caramel) and Troll Boogers (pretzel sticks with Cheez Whiz with green food coloring) And with that was Swamp water punch to drink (lemonade, lime sherbet and soda with gummy worms) Maybe the kids had to be a little older to really appreciate it. It was so funny how the kids were about everything. I they were afraid of the weird foods and once we convinced them it was things they liked then they were all over it. They were scared of the punch and were surprised when it was really good. Too funny. Hannah wasn't sure how to deal with the attention she got being Santa. She had a pillow case filled with her toys. One of the 6th grade girls told her she wanted a pony for Christmas and Hannah was concerned she would have to give her the pony in her bag. This morning she said she really liked being Santa. Lee Joe took the kids trick or treating and I stayed home and cleaned and gave treats out to about 7 sets of trick or treaters. The kids came home with about 3 full sized candy bars and a toothbrush with candy attached and loads of other stuff. So four people asked me for this recipe yesterday-this thing won't let me tab or make a new paragraph still so it will all run together. Pigeon Poop- 5 cups of Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal, 3 Cups of rice Krispies, 2 Cups pretzels (my family does not like the pretzels) 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, 2 pounds white chocolate (I used 3 bags of white Chocolate chips). Melt Chocolate in a double Boiler. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add Melted Chocolate to bowl and mix. spread on waxed paper and let cool. Once cool break into chunks and serve. I imagine a regular chocolate version of this would be quite tasty-Hmm.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pigeon Poop. I think I'd take the recipe and instead of breaking into chuncks drop by spooonfull and make a swirl on the top with the back of the spoon. Would that work?

Kim and family said...

It's a little stiff when you mix it up

Maryanne said...

Is it a candy. Is it like Divinity. I have never herd of it. So are you reaping the benifets of the candy bags. I know that I am. Love you miss you.

Janika said...

I love the excuse of "inspecting the bags" for tampered with candy. I still have a ton of candy because I didn't get as many treaters as I expected. Tootsie Rolls and smarties, you know. I am trying not to eat it all, though, my tooth is still rotten and I don't want to make it worse.