Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter and all that

So Easter was good. We did the Easter thing, We were up at 8, I went home after sacrament because I was feeling yucky and didn't want to share with nursery. We went to my mom's house for dinner and the kids all played and we watched movies and Melissa showed us pictures of Ecuador that she took during Spring Break. I got a call to come in today to the school and will be there again tomorrow. Did I tell you how much I do NOT like the crosswalk?!!!! Today was like no other after school. It started to rain when the bell rang after school and then hail. It felt like I was out there forever. In 15 minutes I was wet all over and then the rain stopped right when I was done. My hands were frozen and my feet were wet from 15 minutes in the rain. I get to go back tomorrow. hooray

So back to Saturday--this is so cute. I told you how Amber asked a boy to her friends party. She paid his way into the movie but they didn't sit by each other because of how they got into the theatre. So they went back to the friends house and they were there for a long time. She got home and about 9 we got a phone call from him. He thanked Amber for paying for him to go to the movie and then asked her if she wanted him to sit by her at the movie and she said it didn't matter to her (ouch) and then he said "my parents are walking me through this (poor kid, but how cute!) but do you want to go out and do something sometime?" She said sure and then he said good bye! And then Amber says to us "What have I gotten myself into?" She is not so positive about the attention he is giving her and what is worse-how her friends are practically arranging their marriage already. I think it is the amount of attention from everyone that makes her so reluctant. Here we are encouraging one to appreciate attention from boys and the other we are trying to reign in. Maybe it is time to hire a good parent of teenagers to take my place right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeps Notes and pass them my way for my three girls!!

Anonymous said...

Amber sounds like me in that, most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm around people that I might have an interest in. She'll come around though.