Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blown Away

Lee Joe said something the other day about Hannah playing Ode to Joy on the recorder for the ward talent show and then said Amber should start playing piano afterwards. I didn't know what he was talking about. Was Amber suppose to teach Hannah how to play or something. I bought a recorder and a Strawberry Shortcake music book for her a couple of months ago. I heard Ode to Joy the other day and thought someone else was playing it. Hannah is 5 as of Dec 29th. She CAN play Ode to Joy on the recorder and read the notes in the book. Nobody showed her how to do it. The child is a mystery to me.

Speaking of blown away, we were almost blown away at Amber's tennis match yesterday. She played before the storm blew in but lost. The wind was a problem for Amber and the girl she played. Today's match was cancelled. They started Kelsea's track meet. It was freezing and windy and rainy. Kelsea ran the 400 relay and froze. They called the meet before she ran the 400. Everyone there was happy.

I have been home but not home running errands. My sinus infection is making me miserable and I have been trying to have my doctor call me all week. I have an appointment with another doctor tommorrow. 2 1/2 weeks wth a sinus infection in the cold and the wind is awful miserable.

Kylee had her last school choir concert today. Kind of sad. The school year is already coming to an end. Kylee's honor choir concert is next week and that will be over too. That is happy and sad. No more driving but another school year over so quick.

Amber leaves for San Francisco in the morning and will be back Sunday. It should be fun. The boy who likes her so much will be going too. OOOHHHHH. If they get so far as to sit by each other for more than 2 hours that will probably as much more friendly as they will get.

2 comments:

Janika said...

I'm thinking of a Chris Daughtry song... Anyway, clearly talent is part genetic. It's too bad LeeJoe didn't explore his musical side more. His voice has a wonderful tone when he sings. He would just have to open his mouth and develop it. I don't remember him ever being in Band, choir, or doing anything musical, though dad tried to get him to play the organ. That makes him the only one in the family who never really did anythign with music.

Maryanne said...

Leejoe never did anything except football and work that I can remember. Hannah has been around it all her life with sisters that play and prastice all the time. Does she play any other songs in the book. She has huge tracks to fill with all the talent of her sisters.