Monday, March 19, 2007

Relieved

I am so relieved last week is over. Between getting Kelsea's birthday ready and the party and all the calls I got from the school and couldn't work and stay sane-I am glad it's over.
She had a very nice birthday . Her "boyfriend" gave her roses! They are very pretty. She got clothes and shoes and duck tape in 4 colors. She was pretty excited over that. Now she can leave our tape alone. She had a nice family birthday. I was worried about the friend party. At first she invited over 15 kids. And then not very many kids came on time. 2 or 3 kids that said they would be there didn't come. 2 came pretty late. In the end there was 9 kids. She made out pretty well. It wasn't about the presents but she came away with 3 shirts and a $30 gift card to Aeropostale (the girls favorite store) a $25 gift card to the mall, $20 cash and other neat stuff. One of the kids that called and said he would be there came on Sat afternoon and said he thought it was Sat and gave her a $20 gift card to Hastings. So I guess we will have to shop over spring break.
The weather was beautiful and we spent Sat outside cleaning up the yard, fixing the damage from the winter yard drive through, and painting parts of the house that didn't get painted 2 years ago when I painted and the touching up the damage that has occurred since then. We will need another Sat for sure to do more. My allergies hit in full force over the weekend. Ugh!
Tournament play for Kelsea is this week and then basketball is over. They won the game on Friday. Amber has spent a lot of time over the weekend on a poetry anthology book for English. We were talking about giving the teacher a bill for all the materials used- she has used most of my ink in the printer color and black. I bought a giant book of Scrapbook paper for her and she has used a bunch sheet protectors. It is somehow suppose to be a bound book by the time she is done so we will have to figure that out tonight since it due tomorrow. My best estimate is that we could almost consider it a $50 book when she is done. It looks really good though
I have a lot to do. Another birthday Weds for Autumn and we will done with parties until June.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Birthday birthday birthday. I wish you all a happy birthday. March has becom one of our familys buisy months after june being # one. Love love.