Tuesday, December 19, 2006

what happened this weekend?

I am trying to think about what happened Sat. I guess it was not that eventful. I did take Autumn and Kylee shopping. We went on the other side of town away from our part of town because the traffic is so horrible at Christmas time. We live next to the only mall in Boise. We have Toys r us and Circuit City, Cabela's and Best Buy only right here so the whole world (I guess most of Idaho) comes here in December. It can take an hour to go what would normally take 5-10 minutes. It becomes strategy trying to decide when the best time to go shopping is. I HAVE to buy cat food tonight so I am waiting. Hannah had what seems to be a mild case of chicken pox. I expected something awful. She tolerated them well so that was very nice. Sunday Lee Joe stayed home with her and I went to church and there was only 2 of us in Nursery. But we did fine. We went to a company party Monday night. Lee Joe does work sometimes and is friends with this one guy who owns a construction business and he invited us to his party. We had a prime rib dinner. It was very good. And they had door prizes and we won 2. They had a white elephant exchange. With 34 gifts it was funny. We brought the best silly gift. But I liked it and we almost came home with it but Lee Joe gave it to his friend before we left. It was a silly metal bird that was pink like a flamingo. The people that got it at first were so funny. They were not thrilled. We had a large toy dump truck for awhile. The most funny gift was a really large bolt and they were saying that it cost more than our $10-15 limit. A teenage boy got that. I made sugar cookies for Autumn's class party. I have a good sugar cookie recipe that I found that I will post later. The cookies come out soft. I didn't make it to Autumn's party on account of Hannah's chicken pox. I think she is done being contagious. I was also really sick with a headache today. As we speak, Christmas lights are getting put up on the house!! Hooray!!I have found out I am not quite done with my shopping yet. Almost though. Lee Joe has not even started shopping for me yet. That is typical.

No comments: