Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Chicken pox update

I have been frustrated over the Chicken pox. Not because of Autumn but because all the baggage chicken pox brings with it. She was in bad shape on Sunday. She has them really bad on her front and back. She has one on her eye lid and it is very swollen and she has them on her ear, where she goes potty and in her bum. She has really sensitive system so when she itches she goes nuts. Lee Joe was fantastic. He stayed up with her Sunday night and helped her fall asleep and stayed home from work with her on Monday. I couldn't find a sub for me until I got to the school. So they had to find a sub for the sub for Tuesday. Seeing how today is I believe Monday was the worst day. But he dealt with her very well. Probably better than I would have. She is very calm now and slept really well last night-only getting up at 2am and then sleeping until 9 or 10. I am trying to get her antibiotics because her throat was sore before she came down with all her spots and it is more than likely strep since we had that and I think Autumn's immune system is hammered right now. She had already missed 9 days of school before this. We got our tree on Sat. Lee Joe put it up on Sunday and the little girls were not in good shape for decorating. So last night we went for it and something was messed up with the lights so at 9pm I went to get lights and more medicine for Autumn and we decorated the tree at 10 last night. Amber and Kelsea were the grumpiest and Lee Joe sat with Autumn on his lap after she hung her ornaments and she fell asleep. For me Monday was I guess a typical Monday. The heater wasn't working in the office. I had been outside doing the crosswalk it was below 20 degrees. And then I had do all the recesses before I left early to take Amber and Kelsea to the dentist. During lunch we had to herd all the kids in because the school went on lockdown. So I was in the office as the debate and confusion for the teachers went on as to whether it was safe to go out or not. It didn't last long, maybe an hour. I left at 2:30 to get Amber. She forgot she was suppose to meet in front of the school. She is usually really good. But it messed everything up and I was more stressed trying to get them picked up and get Lee Joe to pick up Kylee and our check. We were 10 minutes late for the dentist. We ran home and got Hannah to dance and had to tell them she wouldn't be at the mini- recital next week at a retirement center because the likely chance of her being contagious or having the chicken pox then is really high so I camcorded her and that will be her last dance until January. We went to Wal-mart for OJ and medicine for Autumn. By the time I was home it was 7:30. And then I made that 9pm run to Target. I am so happy being home today! Even being stuck in the house with the poor little spotted child. I hope your Monday was better than mine!

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

It will get better it can't always be bad. Poor Autumn, I hope that everyone is over all this stuff for christmas. Spered the word that I love you all.