Monday, December 11, 2006

Little breather-maybe

Autumn made it out of the house for the first time in over a week on Sunday. We had so much going on. Kelsea was suppose to play violin in Sacrament on Sunday with another girl in our ward. The girl ticked me off like you wouldn't believe. We found out 5 minutes before sacrament she left her violin at school on Friday. She never called and we could have her one or someone else to play with Kelsea. The two teenage girls in this family is notorious for copping out on everything at church. They copped out on Young Women in excellence. They try to ditch classes on Sunday. Their parents just shrug their shoulders. For us it is what we do, not really optional. I have been on Kelsea big time when this girl tries to get her to ditch Sunday school. Kelsea is usually a good influence on her getting her to come to the Wednesday activities. I was so mad and Kelsea was so hurt. She didn't play. She fell apart when she found out Bryn wasn't going to do it. And the choir people eased her mind and told her it was fine, not to worry about it so she sang instead. Something neat happened though. Lee Joe hasn't always been the most consistent on his Home Teaching but a couple of years ago he visited with a guy. He is paralyzed from the waist down. He was a week away from Navy Seal graduation when he got in a motorcycle accident years ago. He grew up active in the church but as teenager or young adult he went inactive. Lee Joe asked him what it would take to get him active and get the priesthood back again. Craig has been on a long journey of reactivation. He has worked his way back and was able to baptize his then 10 or 11 year old daughter. That was extraordinary to see him do that. And with his new wife they were trying to have a baby and had a little boy a few months ago and he has worked so hard so he could bless his baby. He blessed his baby this Sunday. His whole family was there. His mother was in tears and I was about to cry too-it takes a lot to get me there. He had earrings, he doesn't have them anymore, and gave up beer. He has changed so much since his baby arrived it is amazing. He has a more gentle was about him now. He is people magnet at church. Everyone enjoys getting to know him. So as arrogant at times and sometimes insensitive Lee Joe can seem, he really has done some amazing good. He was a really good ward missionary. We helped our neighbors out last Christmas and Lee Joe introduced our neighbor(not Lds) to a friend of his that started his own business. They have been working together all year and match each other pretty well with their personalities. He has done a lot of good. Even I don't give him enough credit sometimes. And then this weekend, I laugh at myself, I wonder how I am going to handle being married to him in another 20 years. He already has no hearing in his one ear. I think he may be loosing some in his other ear a little-I have to yell a lot of what I am saying lately, of course everyone else would say I was talking a little louder- and he processes things kind of slow at times(Slow Joe still really applies), very easily distracted and I have my way of doing things and he has his. I about lost my patience with him at the store the other night after we saw a movie Saturday. Oh well. It looks like I wrote another book. I hope you had time to read it all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow now I can take a "little breather" =) I wrote a book a few days ago. I really got into yours! Thanks for being so loving to my brother. He could really use it. Seems a lot of marriages lately have been a little rocky. It's nice to know you are all doing pretty well. And have done so well through everything. Sorry bout that thing with Kelsea. Nathan and I have very little trust in anyone anymore. My Cristmas party with 23 guests looks VERY shaky and I passed out notecards with Please bring this or that. Hoping the fam out here would be more reliable than some out there. We may just have grandma and grandpa over considering the family fueds going on out here. I though we were out of it when we moved away from the girls but the boys are just as bad - if not worse at this very moment.

Come on down on the this weekend of the 16th and 17th it's about 5 hours. We will have an awesome time! Homemade Caramels, Fudge, Pumpkin Roll, Dinner rolls, Turkey Dinner, Decotrating Gingerbread trains - and houses, Frosting Sugar Cookies, playing Christmas Bingo and Possibly heading out to christmas carol just for the fun of it.

Seems Like I've written a book now too =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Woodward Family said...

That is so cool about your ward brother and his family. Way to go LeeJoe!

Maryanne said...

I would rather turn up a hearing aid in my old man then Change a pamper. Can you imagne picking up his big bottom and wiping it. You just have to look at it another way. You might even get to learn a new language. I might get there before you do.

Kim and family said...

I never thought that way, Maryanne, but an old man pamper would be worse. I don't want to think that far ahead anymore. EWWW