Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas After Thought

I started an update yesterday and forgot to save it as a draft. Oh well. We got about 4 inches of snow on Thursday night. Lee Joe didn't want me to drive the van on Friday so he took Kelsea and I to the mall Fri morning in the KIA. He went to the Red Wing store to drop off his boots. I called him when we were done, it didn't take long at all. And he told me his battery was dead. We walked around the outside of the mall to get to him, I twisted my ankle on the way. We had to walk across the parking lot to get to him. It was crazy busy. We waited there awhile before someone offered to help us get the car jumped. About at that time the main roads were just wet and not icy anymore. Saturday I was getting really sick with nasty cold. Kylee was getting it too. But I finally got my cards done and we baked all afternoon. Sunday I was still feeling really bad. I wasn't going to go to church but I knew I should because of choir even though I couldn't sing. Amber and Kelsea get really naughty when I am not there to sit between them. The Choir director must have said many prayers. I was able to sing much better than I thought. I went to nursery and told the nursery leader I wasn't feeling well and she told me goodbye. So I went home and slept until I had to go back to the church and pick up everyone. We took cookies to all our neighbors. We went to my moms and exchanged presents. We came home and the girls exchanged with each other and we watched the Norad radar all evening to see where Santa was and that was very very exciting. My girls are usually pretty good about sleeping in until at least 8 but Autumn was up before 6. We heard all the girls up for a little bit, I went upstairs and they were putting themselves back to bed. And they all got back up around 8. They were very happy girls. Amber and Kelsea were thrilled with their ipods and Kylee loved her nintendo DS and Hannah and Autumn enjoyed their Nintendo game boys. Amber also got Monty Python and the holy grail shirt, screenplay and black knight sign. and she got a Spamalot cd and Spamalot piano music book. Brian Regan CD and DVD. Kelsea got Nintendo DS stuff and CDs and movies. Kylee, Autumn, and Hannah got some toys. Lee Joe was thrilled with the shotgun he got himself. He got other things too. I got a standing jewelry box. And some quirky presents I will have to take pictures of to show instead of describing. I will have to post pictures later. My family came over for dinner. So we had a pleasant Christmas. If it wasn't for the cold it might have been perfect. I took Airborne but I think this cold was just a whopper with a sore throat to go with it. We have some appointments today. Hannah's birthday is Friday. My baby will be 5!!

No comments: