Wednesday, August 23, 2006

today

If you want to find out if your kid has ADHD try this-give them a medication that is suppose to make them drowsy-they will get very excitable. If you want to calm them down, Give them something with Caffiene. Dylan had Dimetapp before he came over yesterday. That is why he was SOO hyper. I forgot the about the caffiene if I would have remembered I would have happily given him a soda. He is calmer today.
We had fun at the pool yesterday. THe pool we went to was really big. THere was hardly anyone there. My 4 oldest and Dylan had great fun on the diving boards. Dylan Amber and Kelsea all did flips off the boards. Kylee and Autumn had some great Attempts. Kailyn had a scare earlier this summer off the diving boards requiring a life gaurd rescue so she had no interest. She played with Hannah and they all had great fun on the huge water slide at that park. The pool was so big and empty I was able to swim some laps.

Amber has quite the schedule this year. Accelerated English, accelerated Math and accelerated Chemisty, Spanish 2, band and seminary. Kelsea got into a program to help her in accelerated classes this year so she will have accelerated English and Math and a tutoring class to help her manage those classes. She has the same math teacher this year. SHe has Health and orchestra and history with the better history teacher.
Kylee, I think has a good teacher. At her school the 4th grade teachers there are excellent. I think she has a couple of close friends in her class. Autumn has the same teacher Kylee had last year. I loved her. 1 of Autumn's 2 best buddies are in her class. The other one is in Gate. I am hoping that this year is good year. I think it will be challenging for the 2 oldest. I hope Kelsea can cope. 8th grade was very challenging for Amber.

I really need to clean house and pay bills today and I am having a HUGE procrastination problem today. I have a stove that has been pulled out and it needs lots of attention. It has been sitting in the middle of my kitchen since last night. I guess I should get busy since it is noon now and I haven't done a thing.

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

So you have smart kids. That is awesome. Maybe they can gradguate early. So I know that it is about to get crazy up there. You are always on the run when they are in school.

Kim and family said...

I forgot to mention where Kelsea has been all through elementary school. She was in below grade level reading groups for years until we addressed her ADHD with medication and counseling and now she is doing great! Yes, the running around is about to begin.