Monday, August 14, 2006

Lagoon a rama

We set a goal to leave at 6am Sat. We left at 6:30. Not bad for a family of 7 that got up 5:45. It is a4 1/2 drive. We got to Lagoon at 11:30. We started out in the water park but for us it wasn't the greatest feature since we have Roaring Springs here and I couldn't keep up with Hannah in the little kids pool. After that Lee Joe took the 4 oldest and I went with Hannah on the rides. All four girls road roller coasters and everything else and had a blast. I took Hannah on all the little kid rides and we road the train about 3 or 4 times. We cleaned out all our drinks in the cooler and had to go to the car to refill it. It was pretty hot but not the worst. Lee Joe and all the girls roa rattlesnake rapids as it was getting dark and they got pretty wet. but they didn't have to wait in line very long. Just before 11 Lee Joe and Amber and Kelsea rode the old wooden rollercoaster about 4 more times and Kylee had one more shot at it before it closed. We debated on coming home afterwards Sat night. Lee Joe decided we should stay. I didn't bring my camera because I thought were making it a day. We had a hard time finding a motel. We finally found one in Ogden right across from the temple there but it was one of the dirtiest motels-aside from the sheets and towels. We couldn't be that choosey at 1:30 am.

We left by 10 and the plan was to find Lee Joe's grandparents' grave. I wanted to hit a store before we left Ogden. Lee Joe wanted to wait until we got to the part of town where his grandparents were. After we past numerous Wal-marts and Smiths and everything else next to the freeway-we were out of drinks completely and he wanted flowers-. We could not find a store after we exited the freeway. Almost 2 hours later, instructions to a wal-mart we never found, we found a store like Win-co, but no flowers and minimal selection. Everyone in the store but us and some of the checkers were hispanic. We got back on our road to the cemetary . Guess what we found? a Smiths and an Albertsons! I had been wondering if people in that part of town even ate anything but fast food. So we found flowers finally. We found the cemetary no problem. Finding the grave took about 45 minutes even in the very tiny cemetary because we couldn't remember where to look. We found it. The headstone was very nice. If I had brought my camera knowing we were going to do that I would have taken pictures. Now I remember I have a picture phone. Sorry.

We made it to Temple square at the time I hoped we would be headed home. We toured the conference center. Lee Joe has not seen it in person before. The girls and walked around the outside when we drove to Connecticut 3 years ago. We toured the inside. It is beautiful and is amazing at the size of the place and how pretty it is. It is full of art and the roof is landscaped with trees and other plantings and all sorts of water features. We heard the organ. Amber was impressed(our organ player) as were the rest of us.

We walked temple square. It is full of sister missionaries from all over the world there to answer questions or translate in any language. My girls were impressed and enjoyed the visit there. We only made into one visitor center. I told Lee Joe we should save the other for our next visit because we were all exhausted by then anyways.

The ride home was full of strife from a bunch of exhausted kids. Hannah told us all day how she wanted to go back to Lagoon. This morning everyone slept until 9:30 except for Amber who had band camp at 8am. No rest for the weary-Kelsea went to Roaring Springs with a friend who had an extra ticket, Kylee went to the pool with a friend. I took the 2 youngest to Wal-mart. Lee Joe is side working tonight. Hannah is still telling me how much she wants to go back to Lagoon. I think we are going to take it easy tonight.

1 comment:

The Woodward Family said...

Hope you have a great time! Thanks for the comments! I'm praying for the van!