Sunday, August 20, 2006

Leavitt reunion

We made it to the Leavitt reunion this weekend up in Donelly. We stayed in Lee Joe's bosses cabin(double wide 70's trailer with added snow roof). Up there at Darren and Carrie's cabin we met up with our hosts and Wade, Verl Brenda and Rachel and Loren, Jared Michelle and their 4 kids, Kim and Gwen and Creshaun and her 2 boys,Andy and Grandma. We visited around the camp fire then took Jared and Family to our cabin. THe next morning we had breakfast and took two giant tractor inner tubes and other beach stuff to the lake with 11 kids to the beach. My oldest 2, Rachel, Wade and many of the adults and GRANDMA rafted the Payette river. Kim was the only one who fell overboard on the last rapid. Kelsea and Darren were having a water fight but Darren had the unfair advantage hiding behind Grandma. Mandy and Jason and their baby Lilly showed up and Grandma Lay(Randa) made it at about 3. WHen Carrie came back we were able to ride the Wave runners they borrowed from some friends and all us women took turns giving kids rides. I guess Grandma Leavitt rode one the day before. She was quite daring this weekend. Randa decided to give one a whirl herself. All the guys got back and took a few rides on the wave runners before they relized they were out of gas. Amber and Kelsea each got one ride before they had to trailer the wave runners. We stayed on the beach from 11 to 7:30. We had dinner, We became a mosquito banquet before we hunted down the bug spray. Andy and Wade had discussions about growing mustaches and telling jokes about opera singers on the tiolet. We packed up to go home. The girls got to make smores with Reeses peanut butter cups and the verdict was very very yummy. We left there at 11:30 and made it home at 1:30am.

We are seriously tired today. Throwing 7 of us into the shower and attempting to make it to church by 9am. We all made it before 9:30. We are also pet sitting for 2 families this weekend. There was BYC for the girls, a general priesthood meeting for Lee Joe, A meeting with the Bishop for me, a seminary meeting for Amber and Lee Joe and I and I think it was the busiest Sunday ever. Somehow we all squeezed in a nap.

I was paid very high compliments from the Bishop and his counselor on 2 separate occasions today on our girls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I would have known about this. I might have actually come up for it.

Unknown said...

Sure wish I could have gone to that one too, but I will never leave nathan for a 35 days again. Next time it will be short and he will be coming with me. Hopefully it will just be a heartbeat away instead of 2,800 miles away =)

Kim and family said...

It was the first time they let us know. In the past we have heard about it after wards. Or they had it in Wyoming. I will remember that if they do it again.

Maryanne said...

I did not know either. I don't think I could have made it but it would have been good to know. So I guess I will talk to you later.

Maryanne said...

I did not know either. I don't think I could have made it but it would have been good to know. So I guess I will talk to you later.