Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Girls Camp Recap

I wanted to share the goofiness of my girls. TO start with, before the girls left for camp a few weeks ago the YW president asked my girls to come to her house and record a CD for the girls in our ward to sing to during their skit. The song was Haikilau with lyrics about girls campy-lau. I went to pick up Amber and Kelsea and went into their basement and in it was a real recording studio and 2 sets of drums and a bunch of electric guitars. WOW. THey made us two copies for each of my girls and one for YW president for girls camp. So they cut their first CD. On our way out the YW president showed us pictures of her husband with long hair in an 80's band and then a picture of him with Eddie Van Halen. Of girls know nothing of that stuff and it was good laugh for them. I asked Lee Joe if her husband was active in church and he said yes. I don't get to know many people in primary.

So they went to camp, they did their skit in front of the stake. The YW president thought Kelsea might have had turrets or tics or something because everytime she looked at Kelsea she was reacting to shooing mosquitoes away. Kelsea is just really goofy like that. Before the skit they had a hula hoop contest. Amber and Kelsea won and I think Kelsea beat Amber. So they were to hula hoop in the skit. Amber and Kelsea hung out together most of camp. In the end when they gave awards Kelsea got the spaas award. Amber got the "she makes it look easy" award for her hula hooping skills. When the Jr leaders sang their song to the rest of the girls one of the lines was "we wish we could hula like the Lay's" I was pretty mortified when the girls told me how they started the testimony meeting. I guess Kelsea let one rip and couldn't stop laughing for a while. I suppose they leave quite the impression wherever they go together. I hope Kylee and Autumn are as much fun like that when they get that age. But nobody can beat Kelsea in this family for goofiness and giving us the best laughs. She is the only person that can get Amber to laugh out loud.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one Kelsea! I'd be mortified too Mom. =)

Maryanne said...

They sound just like there aunt's Maryanne and Molly. It is great to be a Lay. A Lay with many diffrent skills. It is just in our blood to act out in crowds.

Janika said...

Oh, how I miss girl's camp. When are you going to let me have my daughter. Kelsey IS mini me--okay so she's a fair bit bigger than I am. I'll call her MEGA ME!

MaryAnne has a very good point about acting out in public. Mike and I were at the mall Saturday (because he loves to shop) and something he liked didn't suit my taste at all, so I started singing the Paula Abdul/Animated cat classic while acting the motions, "I take two steps forward. You take two steps back. We come together 'cause opposites attract."

He insisted that I stop. I tried to explain that it was genetically impossible for me to avoid embarassing him in public. He still loves me.