Monday, August 28, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly

Good- School started today, I am staying home with Hannah this year and sort of Home schooling preschool with her.
Bad-School started today-the beginning of afterschool run around, I can't afford to put Hannah in preschool because I am staying home with her this year.
The ugly-I have been fighting a stye for 3 days now and my shoulder went out last night when I was sleeping, I feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Call me Quasi for short.

Anyways, we went to the fair Friday night. We saw the Peking acrobats-they were fantastic and we saw some performing baboons, no really they were performing baboons with the red shiny butts. The kids thought they were great fun too. We resisted the rides because of our Lagoon trip we told the girls we wouldn't do rides. Hannah had the hardest time. We saw animals and smelled animals galore. It was fun and on our way out to the car we saw a baby raccon in a tree. Not technically a part of the fair.

Saturday Kylee and Autumn got their long awaited computers from Computers for Kids. They got a refurbished pentium 3 computer with moniter and keyboard and mouse for $45. They didn't get to play on them when we got home because we had to run to the pool for the last day of swimming for the summer. We got home, finished setting up computers and the little girls were in game heaven. Lee Joe and I went on a mini date to port of subs and ate it at the park.

Sunday we had an Area Authority visit primary. So we had the Stake presidency, Stake primary presidency Bishop and his presidency all visiting primary and I had to lead music. Oh my. It was fine and the kids were all good as gold.

Today, the first day of school will be my last day of work at the school. I will be there a whole 2 hours since it is early release saying hi and see you around to all the kids.

There you have it with my swollen eye, stiff back and the highs and lows of our existence in Idaho. The good the bad and the ugly.(I think my vitamins and exercise and absence of children is helping my sense of humor)

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Hey, I have a small cold, and a large cold sore, and a stiff back from cleaning the kids room. Going back to school for us is settling down after a crazy summer. Hope you're feeling better! All mine will be in school by next Tuesday. (Kindergarden is a week later start than everyone else) I can hardly wait!

Unknown said...

U R CUTE