Monday, January 30, 2006

Our latest

I guess we need to go back to Thursday last week. Another Hamster death. SO sad. It let itself out of the cage. Kelsea found it dead in her bed in the morning before school. Spot loved it to death thinking it was a baby. Gave it a heartattack I suppose. It was Kylee's hamster this time. I waited until after school before I told her. I took Amber to the orthodontist and then we went to the pet store. We brought home a baby honey bear hamster. I feel guilty like I am sentencing the poor things to death by bringing them home but we have duct taped and twist tied all possible exits in the cages. I have a few more things to do to try and guarantee their safety. AMber came home from school in the morning. She was sick with a migraine.
Friday was pretty all right. Lee Joe and went out that night. We went to a furniture store and bought a mattress and boxsprings and then went to dinner. Kelsea babysat for friends and AMber stayed home with her sisters.
Sat was game day. I guess there are too many games going on because we were an hour early to Kylee and Autumn's game. I figured out what I must have done so we went to the elementary school where Kailyn was having her game. THere is nothing cuter than abunch of Kindergarten and first grade girls trying to play basketball. It was funny. THey had colored wrist bands on the girls so they knew who they were suppose to guard. Then we went to Kylee and Autumn's game. THe difference was surprising. THey are a bunch of 2 and 3 rd grade girls. In the end Kylee shot several times and made one basket. Autumn is one of the smallest on the team she held her own quite well. We came home home from their game. Lee Joe went and got a truck to bring home the new bed. It is so nice!! After that we went to Kelsea's game. She did well she scored 5 points. One was a free throw. They keep score for the 7th graders and her team won. I don't remember the score but it was way lopsided. Hannah was disappointed that she didn't get to play basketball. Amber went to a dance that night. Her nose was pretty shade of yellow green. SHe is banned from ball handling for a little while.

Sunday was Melissa's 30th birthday. We went to my mom's for a party. I got another really lousy typical sunday headache.

Monday,today,we started out the day taking AMber to the Dr. He gave us a referral to the ENT. She goes there Wed to see if they are going to straighen her nose. She has had a pretty good headache that hasn't gone away since THursday. That is a concern. I saw our Dr, the one who saw her Tues, at the school when I picked up Kailyn. He asked me how "Broken nose girl" was. Her new title that EVERYONE uses. I told him she was getting better but she is complaining about not being able to play basketball. He told me she couldn't play until all the pain was gone. She was trying to tell me it didn't hurt when she touched it but earlier that morning she accidentally hit herself with a book and she said it hurt something awful. I took Hannah and Kailyn to McDonald's for lunch. THey had Straberry Shortcake toys. Strawberry Shortcake is Hannah's favorite, along with Dora the Explorer. Kailyn and Hannah played and played.
Hannah went to dance. I left with Kylee and Autumn for basketball. Something happened between Hannah and the teacher. And the end result was Kelsea kind of went into protective sister mode and removed Hannah from the class and told the teacher off. Lee Joe got there after that and just took them home early. We will see what happens next week. Hannah says she never wants to go back to dance. THat is the first time she has ever said that since the first class she went to this summer.

Funny Hannah comments. She just turned four. She told me the other day that the show on TV was the "Christmas episode" On Sunday she stood at the microphone and told me she "needed her opportunity" to talk in the microphone. She uses "actually" a lot. She uses big words and Lee Joe and I look at her wide eyed and are surprised. Autumn still says "scriptures" her own way. I have said plenty and I just need to blog more often I guess.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I can't wait until my babies can play all of the sports. They sound like they are all having fun. Mom and dad are busy. But I bet it is awesome watching them do what they do best. We love you all.