Friday, January 13, 2006

Hannah's ER visit

Right now it is 2am in the morning. I am all turned around since Hannah got sick Tues night-weds morning. She ran a really high fever all night. Then Autumn woke up too with a nightmare. I didn't sleep much. After the kids went to school Hannah and I slept until noon. So embarrassing. I think I am a little sick too or something. Later Weds evening Hannah started running the high temp again. Soon after she was complaining about her right side hurting. Crying really about it. She had cried about it hurting the night before. Lee Joe panicked and thought she needed to go to the ER right away. It was 8pm. So I did and I thought if it wasn't appendicitis then it could be a kidney or bladder infection. Her fever was over 104. She was so good in the hospital. She looked awful and they asked how she was and she said fine. But she really wasn't. THey gave her a handmade bear. And they checked her all out ruled out all the scary and bacterial stuff. She has a pretty good flu with body aches. I came home after 10pm and her temp came down some. I haven't been able to sleep well lately anyway and now I think I am getting turned around. I went to bed again today after the kids went to school. Actually I had a nasty headache really. Slept until 11am . Hannah watched Elf beside me. She is doing better. We left at 1 to pick out some new glasses for Hannah. SHe is getting some really cute Disney princess glasses. THen we went to lunch. My headache got worse. She ate lunch fine but got a tummy ache. We came home. I picked up kids then went and laid down again. THe medicine I took didn't work. I am so irritated that I can't get anything done. Kelsea went to B-ball practice. When I came home at 8:30 I finally knocked the headache and starting priming the new room. It's almost done!! I ran out of paint so I went to wal-mart and bought some more. Wandered around. Came home at 12:30 am and finished using another can of paint. So here I sit at 2:30 checking stuff online. Hannah's fever is gone and she is feeling better. She took her Cabbage Patch dolls for a walk this afternoon with her sisters.

Amber was told by her JV coach that she should totally try out for basketball next year at Capital. THe Varsity coach at the Jr High was talking highly about her so she has some great potential for next year. THree jr high schools feed into the high school here. and the Jr high schools are pretty big all by themselves. So there is a lot of competition for spots at the High school level. She got an invitation to attend the Congressional Youth Leadership Council in Washington DC this summer but it is super expensive so we have no idea if it is really an option for her. we will see. It is so scary. All the talk about College already. And she is old enough to take Driver's ED. She could get her driver's license here before she turns 16. SHe will be 15 the first part of Feb!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

Sorry to hear that everyone is feeling under the weather. It is ok to get sleep when you get the chance. Hope that you can squash this flu once and for all. no more passing it around.

Janika said...

Did you check out my blog? My most recent post is B-ball related as well. It kind of hit me that Amber is getting her driver's permit. I have her mentally pinned as a Beehive still. Wish we still had time to talk on the phone for hours. I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better.