Monday, June 29, 2009

Lee Joe's birthday

Well.... Lee Joe had a birthday. He is getting old and crusty. Haha. I get to live the old part up for 3 months until I am right there with him. Sunday birthdays are tough. They wind up being uneventful but this one didn't have potential at this moment to be eventful. So for his birthday I made Jell-o. I don't make it very often, it's not hard just I don't know why so it really is a treat. And that was his birthday. The girls made tacos. He made homemade tortillas for them and there you have it. Not my usual birthday celebration at all. He left to go to Burley for a job. Leaving for a job here is a good thing. Just for Monday though.

So these migraines are taking a complete toll on my mental capacities. It is that or extreme stress-the stress can cause migraines so maybe it is both. I mentioned the pancake almost fiasco ordeal. I have had a hard time following simple instructions for recipes lately. I have done it several times in the past few weeks. I have never been like this. I messed up Jell-o. But not in a bad way. I forgot to add 2 more cups of cold water so it was almost jiggler consistency. It was still good so not the end of the world. I am having a hard time keeping my train of thought straight. I will say things totally messed up from what I was saying and have no clue what I just said. The kids are always wondering what I am talking about. I hate it. I read a about a study that was done and it said that it is possible that migraines cause some damage to the brain. If I could remember what I read I could explain it better and now I can't find it. That might explain some of this, I don't know. I am not old enough to be having this much trouble.

Some fun is in store. Lee Joe has worked all this past week. The little girls all earned free tickets to the water park here. We need to use them by tomorrow and it is finally in the 90's so we are going to play in the water tomorrow. I enjoy going there a ton even if I don't go on all the slides.

I am sewing and writing on the laptop and trying to do what I enjoy at home and I like the fact that June took it's time even with all the added yuck. Amber's been renting movies since she is 18 and can have her own account and has the money to do it. So we are enjoying those bennies from her. I hope things will keep a slow pace for the rest of the summer. But it might not. I applied for a job that would be temporary until I start back at the school. I am pretty indifferent about it. If it happens it is helpful. If not I can still do my at home projects.

Oh and one more thing. Kelsea was asked on 2 dates this weekend. She is so funny. She doesn't enjoy it much. She is totally like super excited for the new Harry Potter movie.

My girls have planned their first road trip. They are headed to Utah for the 4th of July still. I think I already mentioned that. Oh well. Got keep my brain working.

Yeah, Ok, that is life up here in my neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Kelsea just doesn't like being asked on dates because the right guy is not asking her. Everybody loves her, I'm sure, but who does she love? She'll probably never tell.