Sunday, June 14, 2009

One crazy lady

That's me. Lee Joe, Kelsea, Kylee and Hannah went to Pocatello this weekend for Kelsea's summer basketball tournament. She played 3 games on Friday and 2 on Saturday. They stayed at Kim and Gwen's and visited Grandma Leavitt on her birthday on Saturday with Jared and his family. I was home with 2 kids and Autumn spent the night at her friends house on Friday and Amber went to babysit. So I was home ALONE for awhile. I decided it was a great opportunity to tackle Autumn and Hannah's room while they were gone. I bagged up 3 bags of trash. Washed all their sheets and made thier beds. As a result of that cleaning frenzy that also involved the kitchen too, I was until 4AM. I can't remember when I did that last, It has been a long time. But since Autumn was back home at 10am the next day I didn't get enough sleep and it was gloomy and rainy so I got nothing done on Saturday. It wasn't a big deal though. I got some time with Amber and then some time Autumn on Saturday evening. It was pleasant. Everyone is home today back to all their squabbles.

Good news on migraines- the weather has been toying with me and I have successfully headed off 2 migraines this weekend with my new meds and knowledge. That is progress. I am ready for my favorite dry Idaho air. I really don't care if it warms up. We have been having Texas like weather lately.

I am sure everyone else out there hasn't felt the pain from the DTV transition. But we have. We do have a ridiculous amount of TVs in this house but we don't have cable and only one of the TVs we have was ready for it. We were able to get two converter boxes with the coupons but we still need two more boxes at least. I like to watch TV in my office and we get one spanish channel on it now. Amber's TV doesn't have any thing she can watch either. The other obnoxious thing is the remotes we need for the TV and the converter box. The stupid box doesn't have any buttons you can push on it so you have use a remote to watch TV. I don't mind the manual way of doing things--unlike men. The cool thing is we have 13 channels we can watch without paying for it so we feel a little more like we have cable. I am kind of silly because I like the company I guess of a TV even if I am not watching it, I have it on.

So I am rambling about nothing now...

1 comment:

Janika said...

Our TV is capable. I am hoping to convince my husband that we can just get an antenna and stop paying for cable, since most of the shows we watch are network.