Thursday, June 04, 2009

Bewildered

That is a fun word. And that describes how I feel at this moment. Bewildered... At having a daughter that no longer attends public school. To have a full time job that I get to spend my summer home with the kids and it starts tomorrow--after lunch at McGrath's fish house with the staff at the school. And very bewildered about something else......Not that Amber's graduation should be over shadowed too much. She was one in 27 students with over a 4.0 for at least 7 semesters out of 450 kids. Ok, that is an accomplishment with the classes she took.

I am bewildered by something today and this whole story is weird. I came back from my lunch on the last day of school with seeing something that looked like and emergency. A man was laying on the ground. They had an umbrella shading this guys face from the sun and my doctor and the principal were standing there over this guy with the school nurse leaning on the ground talking to him. They had called 911 so an ambulance was on the way---2nd time in the past month. He was a dad that had an issue with medication and he was diabetic I guess. I am saying hello to our doctor-Amber's boyfriend's dad. He asks me if someone has called me and I say no. And he tells me that he was wondering if I would be interested in being a patient representative to a committee that the governor is forming for health care reform. I was like Ok... Lee Joe has been on about his rational national party so I was confused. But our daughter's boyfriend's father/friend/doctor said they wanted someone on the committee that had experience with no insurance and he felt I was very articulate. I say much more in writing than what comes out of my mouth. And sometimes what comes out of my mouth is inarticulate. I have to call someone at my doctor's office tomorrow to find out more. So, yes, I am bewildered. I was asked out of the blue to have a voice in a committee on health care reform formed by the governor for the state of Idaho. We will see where this goes. Yep, bewildered.....Oh and by the way, the ambulance showed up, the guy was OK but got in the ambulance to be taken to the hospital. It was all very strange. I am still bewildered...

1 comment:

Janika said...

All of it sounds pretty cool to me--except the guy in the hot sun--he must have had insurance or he would not have gotten in the ambulance, right?