Monday, June 22, 2009

What a change

Yep, life has changed. Some of it right now could be better. And some things I think are nice, like teenagers with licenses and spending money. I couldn't do much for Lee Joe for Father's Day but since two of the girls have been earning money, they all went shopping for their dad. Too Cute. And someone special helped too..(SHHH my mom helped with the coolest most enormous balloon, some flowers in a baseball looking vase and watermelon) Amber made her dad jell-o and the girls got him some WWII DVDs and cowboy hat he wanted. Why a cowboy hat, I don't know. I think a fedora would be much better. But I prefer to see him in baseball caps.

I still had a gift card to Cafe Ole so we went to dinner Sat night. I suppose that could be a pre-anniverssary dinner since our anniversary is Tuesday. And his birthday is next Sunday. Busy week but then not really because there is nothing we can do about any of it. So there you go.

I have been busy doing projects I have been meaning to finish and other ones I have been meaning to start. So maybe this is the summer to get things done. And the weather is nuts, but it isn't bothering me much because the temp is perfectly pleasant and cool. I haven't missed the pool because it hasn't been hot enough to swim anyway. I don't mind driving in this pleasant weather at all. It is still raining a little more than usual but not as bad as it was a couple weeks ago.

Kelsea had summer basketball and that just finished. It wasn't as hard as last summer and she still needed help getting to the Nampa tournament and to the one in Pocatello. This weekend's tournament was here at her school. I got to go to a few games and watch her play. She was playing Point Guard and was making 13 or more points on a few games but man, 3 games in one day!! Holy Cow. She played in 2 on Saturday. Now it's over so it was about right. She got a lot of experience. Much more confidence.

My poor oldest girls are having a little trouble adjusting. Amber is, I think, suppose to attend the singles branch that meets right in our church. Her friend wasn't there and her boyfriend is officially at BYU now so she came home early today. Kelsea has lost Amber and isn't adjusting well to the new YW president and that is a bumpy ride for her. This is interesting. Those two are pretty dependent on each other whether they admit it or not. I am just glad Amber will be here when she starts school. I don't think anyone is ready for that change to happen--the one where she moves out. Amber and Kelsea are planning a trip to Utah together with Amber's friend. Amber wants to see the BF and Kelsea wants to check out hot LDS college guys at BYU(not sure how I feel about that) She talks the boy crazy talk but doesn't act it when the guys like her so it's OK. The friend is a lot like Kelsea so it should be one nutty trip.

Autumn had a way awesome dream. I wish it was my dream or maybe it just being real would such the coolest thing. But she dreamed that I (me) got a check in the mail for a half million dollars..... EWWWEEEEE, yep, that would be super duper awesome!!!

No comments: