Thursday, April 10, 2008

Prom!!

So the saga continues-- I might have told you we got wind Amber was going to be asked to prom months ago and how we bought a dress and then word got all the way back to the boys mom that we already had a dress.

Yesterday was the day he decided to finally ask Amber. And a monkey wrench was thrown into his plan because Lee Joe picked up the car and that was where the finally was suppose to take place so here is what happened. He left roses in all of her classes starting in seminary with a note attached to each one where or what to do next. The last one though was going to be a surprise so he had to make a new plan. I got a call at 3 asking if he come put rose petals and Hersheys kisses in her room or in the house I said sure but I had to clean her room first. She had a tennis match and was stuck at the school for awhile. So I came back home after picking up the girls and frantically got her room much less embarrassing. His mom brought him over and they she helped take the roses apart he threw rose petals around her room and kisses and he made a note and had a gift. Of course her room is a new kind of mess. It was so sweet. So anyway she did get to see it before the Honor Society induction ceremony. He was going to be there too but we played like she never went home. I am terrible liar so I think I blew that somehow but I am not sure. He looked completely tortured. Amber is leaving for Kennewick WA for a tennis tournament so she wasn't going to be at school or home until late Sat. So this morning at about 4-5 am Lee Joe and Amber went over to HIS house and took our big roll of newsprint and some spray paint stuff and rolled it around the car he will drive when, if ever, he gets his divers license. On it was great big YES and another sheet of newsprint on the ground with another big YES. You would think they were going to married or something. I called his mom to find out what happened and she said he was SOO excited and so happy. They took lots of pictures he had a big thumbs up in one so it was cool.

In the meantime, I am not sure what happened yesterday because it wasn't suppose to be as busy as it got at the end of the day. It snowed yesterday morning and it was gloomy so I couldn't get moving. Hannah went to her friends house after school and she saw Horton Hears a Who with her friend. So I didn't have to do the 11 pick-up. But I didn't start cleaning house until really late. I am cleaning for the piano teacher to come over. I get ready to leave to get the kids and Amber's prom date calls me and now I am in a new state of panic because I must clean her room. I get out the door the 2nd time and Hannah is dropped off. I get her into Kelsea and then I can leave and the stop light is flagging, I am already late getting the girls so I am frustrated. We get home and the piano teacher is waiting. I am throwing things in the trash and getting another trash bag of stuff around her room to put in her closet and throw all her shoes in the closet and sweep and make her bed. Throw all her laundry in my room. I call them and tell them it is safe to come over and I have worked up a sweat. The little girls are done with piano so they are late at the church now for activity days. They get dropped off. I am still doing dishes-Amber can't do them, besides the fact she is not home but she is still recovering and Autumn is gone. The prom date comes over and we do that. Once they leave I get Amber's clothes together and go to the school. I finally get to see her play but they lost. We brought her home. (We pretend that didn't happen remember) I take Lee Joe to the church for scouts, he is carless. Amber goes to the school and I collect all the stuff I need for YW where I am not going to be. I got to calls for girls needing rides. We leave early, Get 3 girls to the church, head back to the school again for Amber. I visit. I get home and then pick up Kelsea at the church. We get home, Lee Joe made dinner! WOO HOO. Everyone is just sitting down to eat and it is 8:40. Oh but we are not done yet. Lee Joe has to go back to the church. I have to take Amber to the store. At 9:30 I am home and have to fill out several field trip forms and find money for them and I think around 10 I am completely wound up, full of anxiety and exhausted. The little girls finally get to show me these beautiful porcelain dolls they were given at activity days. I think somebody donated their personal collection to the girls. And then at 4 this morning 3 of us were up. But today is much better. I have to go now and pick up Hannah and her friend that goes to another school. And maybe I will really get something done today. UMMM..our taxes still need to get done. And laundry is filling up the bathroom again.

2 comments:

Janika said...

You and Devanie have a theme going.

The Woodward Family said...

Oh, can I take a breath now?

Or, maybe you should... :)