Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good news

I should be looking at my lesson for tomorrow but I am doing what I do best-procrastinating.

Today was fun. I need to share some happy news. Pictures posted after the weekend though.

Amber had a tournament. I didn't watch because I was busy for one and two I bring her bad luck. So she played 3 times on Fri. Won, won, lost. Early this morning she played again and lost but they were in the championship bracket and their coach was proud of them. I is a grumpy old man sometimes.

Kelsea had two games today. Both were blow outs. They won by 20+ points each game. Kelsea scored 4 first game-2 free throws and fast break. And she scored 2 in the second game and it was an outside shot she doesn't usually try for. She was a rebounding monster when on the floor.

I spent late Friday and several days this past week and all my free time today painting pinewood derby cars. Kylee's was Lightning McQueen instead of Sally from Cars. Hannah's was Fillmore. And Autumn raced Mater from our last time racing for another group last year. The weigh in was at 5. Lightning and Fillmore were still getting their finishing touches at about 4:45. Lee Joe got home at 4:30 and fixed up the wheels. He poked around with the wheels and we made it there around 5:20. Our cars were weighed. Racing began. End results-Our Bishop, a big scouter, won 1st. Fillmore took 2nd! Lightning McQueen took 3rd! Mater and the Seed-spitter(past pinewood derby super fast racer of ours) tied for 7th. I think there were about 20 cars or more. Not much more though. Fillmore also won an award for Most Colorful and Hannah did a goofy dance and was so happy. Autumn was disappointed for Mater but she won a trophy for best paint job when she raced him last year and Kylee was heartbroke over her car. So I told Autumn she couldn't feel too bad. She was a little disappointed but recovered well.

The only update-my brother got his stuff worked out and no prison for him. I talked to my mom on the phone and no mention of her health as of yet. I need to see what she finds out this week. She will have some more test results back and maybe she will tell me something then.

I must find my lesson. I have had it awful easy this month.

3 comments:

Janika said...

I'm impressed that you were looking at your lesson the day BEFORE you were supposed to give it.

Kim and family said...

So the follow up is I didn't read the right lesson(we had stake conference last week and things got really weird this month) and did a different lesson once I got to church anyway but it was much easier than the one I thought I had to do so it was a huge relief. I read the lesson about Abraham and the ten tribes and all the complicated details that go with it and instead I gave a lesson on the temple and why endowments are important. Wouldn't you agree that was a much better topic?

Janika said...

That's funny. Imagine if you had invested a lot more time in preparation--Procrastination pays!