Friday, April 04, 2008

I guess I am use to it now

Since school started again I have been pretty calm with all the chasing. An few moments here and there. My house isn't clean, it wasn't during spring break either. Actually it was on Monday but it didn't last long enough. We are having our last friend party for awhile on Sat for Autumn. As well as Kelsea has 2 basketball games on Sat to go with conference.

Amber has had 3 tennis matches this week. Thank goodness for her drivers license!! She lost her doubles matches on Tues and Weds but won yesterday. Made me sorry I missed it.

Kelsea had 2 basketball practices. She hurt her foot and leg on the trampoline on weds so that interfered with her participation at YW. They played soccer.

Kylee and Autumn had dance, piano choir and honor choir this week-3 more weeks of honor choir! The 3 youngest were invited to a birthday party where they got to ride horses so that was great fun for them yesterday.

Hannah is in 2 dance classes. Don't ask me why-because she can? I suppose I am indulging my last few months of a young one at home because one class is during the day. I volunteered in her class today and brought her little boy-friend home with us. They are playing the Wii.

So yesterday was interesting. After school all 5 went somewhere. Amber at her tennis match. Kelsea had to get a ride for basketball so she left early. The 3 little girls off to their party. And it was our stake temple days Thurs and Fri and I actually took myself to the temple. Lee Joe was doing asphalt until after 7. I wasn't home until 8:30 when I brought Kelsea home after the temple.

By the way, the neti pot is wonderful invention. I read last night that it also referred as a nose bidet. Anyways I had 2 days of sinus headaches 2 1/2 weeks ago, because I wasn't using it. But I got rid of them both by 4 in the afternoon. That is pretty good. I am usually seriously afflicted with allergies right now and I can breathe. I have a clear head and more energy. I think I have been fighting a long term sinus infection. I started to get a headache yesterday morning. It was milder but after a little sleep and two rounds of the neti pot it was gone by 10 am. So I am happy! How long have I been miserable with that? Way too long. I still need allergy medicine but it is way more effective. And I can be symptom free more than just somewhat relieved. So if you want one, Wal-greens carries them now.

I am a irritated about something but I need more info before I get really off on it. But Kelsea told me that her seminary teacher was curious why there are so many very athletic LDS girls that go to Fairmont and was asking them something about them to try and be much more sensitive girls and nurturing or something like it. There are some very good athlete girls in the 9th grade at their school. But it doesn't make them any less capable of being good mothers in the future. And they have plenty of time to do that in the future. Let them have fun and enjoy sports if that is what they like. It doesn't make them less capable to mother to be in competitive sports. Amber and Kelsea both need sports as their outlet. Amber has never played pretend. She likes to do physical things or play piano and it helps Kelsea expend some of her hyperactivity and it helps her focus on other things later. I am not too worried because our stake president is a father to 6 girls and the 5 oldest have been heavily into basketball and all his girls also play piano or violin or guitar. I am real happy about that. And is his fault(sort of) we are still doing basketball right now. Our last stake president was a father to 5 boys and there is a big difference.

So there is my long post for the week.

3 comments:

Janika said...

Didn't you say the Seminary teacher made a poor presentation on the role of the priesthood? Some men just can't help but be misguided.

Unknown said...

You have it right!

Let them play and stay out of harms way! thay will have the rest of their lives to be maternal. Plus I was very athletic in my youth and now i want to be fit and healthy for my family. Because if the feeling I enjoyed as a kid.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Unknown said...

Hey Kim, If you havn't sent the Box to Molly, Please send it to me today or Tuesday I have a BIG convention on Saturday I need everything for.

Thanks