Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I don't know if things will ever be easier to get a handle on.

We had a nice weekend but we stayed busy and made it a Labor filled weekend. On Friday Hannah saw a puppet show at the library and then I came home and emptied out the game/medicine closet so Lee Joe could insulate the attic on our 2nd floor. Devanie, do you remember there were things trying to escape because it was so full? Anyways, it was long over due and I thought I had cleaned it out not long ago but judging by the expiration dates on some of the medicines in there it was much longer than I thought. Sat started with an attempt at insulating but the early start was not as early as Lee Joe had hoped and it was already hot. So he fixed the sprayer on the kitchen sink and then I dicovered everything under the sink was awful wet. As I started pulling stuff out and throwing it away we discovered the pipe under the sink was no longer attached to the sink and you could see water going from the drain into the pipe. THe wood is in bad shape and Lee Joe spent several hours buying tools for the house and then dicovering the pipe had been damaged, more time finding the pipe's replacement. Good thing he was home for the weekend. I was so glad he was home for 3 whole days. Sunday was normal. But we had the missionaries over for dinner. New curiosity about the missionaries from my 2 oldest. Oh dear. And then Lee Joe found out over the weekend that the guy who was suppose to have fixed his shot gun had moved so I was telling him he is not prepared for scaring off the boys anymore.

Monday we started out with insulation again. Lee Joe Amber and Kelsea and I all clothed ourselves and got busy. Then It got too hot again but most of the insulation we had was up in the attic. Lee Joe took all the girls down the Boise river with the raft we still had in the back of the van. I was the transport. we made dinner and he took the girls to see Cars at the dollar theatre since he hadn't seen it yet. Everyone was seriously exhausted by the end of the day. It is hard to keep up with Lee Joe sometimes.

So anyways this week I have this fantastically clean closet that looks like it lost half it's contents. I was so thrilled by how clean it was and Lee Joe just thinks I am weird. And the cabinet under the sink is clean and under the stove is clean too. Woo Hoo! I have cleaned the family room on Sat. It is Weds and it is still CLEAN!! Wow. I have long way to go still. The days this week aren't busy like last week but from 4pm on is just nuts everyday.

Right now, the dated nature of my computer is about to interfere with Amber's homework abilities. We are trying to figure how to get a powerpoint presentation saved on a Cd-RW disc. Melissa is going to try and get it off my computer with a USB port thing. I have tried e-mailing it to her. It didn't work. Hopefully we will get it off because Amber has worked hard on it and it is well done and she doesn't have a backup plan. Her English class is senior level work and next year she will doing college level work.

The run around is about to begin and I have yet to figure out what's for dinner.

No comments: