Thursday, September 07, 2006

Horrible Air

I have never seen Boise like this for so long. There are so many forest fires that in the valley here all the smole has accumulated. We are in a red air alert. The whole Boise school district cancelled all out door sports yesterday. Valley View brought all the kids in at recess and I didn't see any kids on the playground this morning. I have had the worst allergies ever the last few weeks. I had an attack last night that was awful I wasn't really outside. My eye looked pretty gross. The prescription eye drops didn't help much. I took Benadryl and it knocks me for a loop. Amber Kelsea and Hannah are also having problems. I can't mow the lawn until this clears out. Last week I had a major attack after I mowed and couldn't breathe either. The sun was very red this morning. They could cancel Amber's marching band practice today and we will see what they do about the football game scheduled on Fri.

We spent hours last night trying to figure out how to get Amber's powerpoint presentation off my computer and saved on something she could take to school. We tried saving it on the usb memory stick. My computer wouldn't recognize it. We tried e-mailing it to my sister. It was to big and I guess my winzip only unzips files. We had to break the presentation down into 3 parts to email it to my sister,that took an hour for it to send the e-mail, and then at her house we had to put it back together. Then we had a problem because her powerpoint is different version than mine and Amber had to rework every slide again. She has become a powerpoint expert after this project. She was determined to have music on her slide show so we spent another hour trying to figure out how to get the music to play through the whole show-between the three of us we have had very little experience on Powerpoint. I figured it out! And she had U2's Beautiful Day that played through pictures of Amber and our family and things that told about herself. It was very well done. I told her she had better get an A on that project for the sake of us all. I am frustrated with the English class though already. It isn't even the end of the second week of school and this is the second project due and for some reason she also needs to bring in a jar of playdoh soon. SOmething was clarified to me last night. Next year she will be taking college english AND getting college and high school credit for the class. wow. Hopefully she won't develop an ulcer by the end of the year. Her back is in serious spasm from stress already and last night she said she wished it was summer already. poor kid.
I was trying to tell Lee Joe how much time was wasted last night because my computer is so ancient. His solutions(which makes me crazy because he still has no clue) is to ask his boss for his cast off computer and to buy a CD-RW burner for Amber's computer. The 2nd solution might help but she doesn't have the programs on her computer yet to make that sensible either. We JUST NEED A NEW COMPUTER LEE JOE!

Kelsea had a set back this week too. She was on the Varsity 1 team last year. There were 4 teams based on skill level last year. And she played very well in the games. This year there were 45 girls trying out for Volleyballand they only have a varsity team with 12 girls and the rest will divide into to JV teams. Kelsea didn't make varsity. She is devastated. The varsity coach is a 19 year old girl and they put a girl on varsity that wasn't even there on fri. that had quit. and then they bumped another girl up that lounged around yesterday not participating. Kelsea got the courage up and called the JV coach last night and asked him what it would take for her to get on varsity. I am very proud of her speaking up for herself. He said there might be another spot opening up and she is part of group up for consideration. She plays so well and I think the varsity coach sounds really clueless. I am not being partial to Kelsea, If I thought she wasn't that good I wouldn't be so bothered. She was practicing in tryouts with a friend who can't play well and that is probably what made Kelsea look not so good. Enough of that one. I just hate seeing Kelsea so depressed but am I trying to get her to work for what she wants and I am trying to let her fight that battle for herself. It's hard!

Last night we had piano, Amber's project, Kelsea had volleyball, YW, Autumn's open house and more of Amber's project at Melissa's house until after 10.
Tonight I have to take Amber out to Meridian to a dentist appointment, she has a band practice (maybe), and Kylee has her first dance class.
We will see how long my full tank of gas lasts.

No comments: