Thursday, September 21, 2006

the week and my dilemma

Tuesday was exhausting. I believe I am still ill with something. I still can't tell if it is stress induced or what is floating around right now. But I sent Kylee and Autumn to school. I gave Autumn her anti nausea medicine before she left. I went to the school 3 times that day. One to bring her backpack to school( she must have an illness indeuced vision problem since it was sitting on the floor in her room in plain sight and couldn't find it). She looked kind of funny so an hour later I brought her medicine. She took it at lunch. In the meantime I had a list full of errands since it was pay day. I was loading the car at Costco and I got the call she was feeling bad. She has missed school the rest of this week. I took her to the doctor again today. We are treating her for strep now. And if she is not well next week we go back again. I took Kylee to her first audition for Honor Choir. She made it. If you can believe this though I have secret to share. We think Autumn is tone deaf. We secretly hope she doesn't want to go that route because we don't want to see heart get broken. As it is she is one of the loudest singers in Sr primary and it's cute right now. But shhhh, it should not be repeated.

Tuesday night was Amber's open house. She had band practice and had to hang out with me since Lee Joe decided to work after work late in the day and I couldn't get her home. Here is my dilemma. I see a huge difference in the city high school and my small school education gives me no clue how to keep up with or how to handle what Amber is going through and how best to help her. I am overwhelmed by what I see and just feel kind of lost in how navigate our way and have her prepared to go to college. She is very smart but is slammed with homework for it. She has always loved basketball and has decided in order to keep up with her classes she won't pursue it this year. Band is making things challenging as it is and it isn't everyday. She came home from the open house exhausted and in tears because she still had homework. I was upset at the end of the day with Lee Joe because all I needed from him was to bring her home at 6 so she could eat and do her homework. And the worst part is I have years and years of this ahead of me yet to go!! At least she is the best one to go through as the guinea pig. Anyways we will all be going to the game tonight and the band will be officially marching their piece on the field for the first time.

Kelsea's JV team is undefeated so far and none of the other volleyball teams(8th V and 9th JV&V) are doing that well. I couldn't make her game on Mon.

Lee Joe has done something to his back. I think he has some stress going on too. It went out real bad this afternoon. He is visiting a chiropractor as we speak. Maybe he needs to take days off where he does less. I was joking about how when we travel with Lee Joe it is exhausting. He crams so much in day and he says "if we don't eat we should be able to do it all" and then it takes 2 or 3 days for the rest of us to get over a trip with him. I wonder where he got that from? He is going to the game tonight so there is some down time for him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm seeing this with my other neice too Over-crammed with school work and activities. I'm not looking forward to it with my own now and I feel bad things are so hectic for you. Hang in there. say your prayers, I think that's one of the only things my Mom did everyday that kept us all alive thru those years.

Janika said...

Don't jump the gun on Autumn's tonality defficiency. I used to think that Emylie was musically lacking, but the problem is, she hears all of the sounds at once. With maturity, she has been able to separate them and sing just one note at a time. She actually has an incredible sense of music structure. She is more likely to be an alto.

Maryanne said...

As I see it, the rest of your day will be better. If you are reading this you had a minute to relax cherish that. So I know that the school work is painfull and she will want to take a year off college like I did and never get back into it until she is 26. I just hope that she proves me wrong I wanted to be the reality bad guy. How did I do?