Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The weekend

This was Autumn's big weekend. Leland and Randa came for the big event. Sat we started out the day by have an Easter egg hunt at the church. Kylee and Autumn were to be there at 9 and I was told by one of the leaders that should have known what time it started that it started at 10. I came back to the house from dropping those two off and Hannah was sitting on the bench ready to go. I tried to occupy her the best I could. At 10 to 10 I get a call from the husband from the primary president that it started at 9:30. I frantically get Hannah out the door and I am so upset. I was about to cry even, I don't do that, Because she was so excited. I invited our neighbors to come too so Lee Joe called her and she brought 3 of the 5 boys she had with her and tried to make sure that all of them got enough eggs. Needless to say I was mad that somebody there couldn't just ask Kylee what our number was so I could have been called directly since it was one of the leaders that told me the wrong time and she knew it. That was frustrating but everyone else there made sure we all had enough so the kids were none the wiser.

At the baptism, I tell you we need to get it together before these girls start getting married. Kylee's baptism, Lee Joe forgot his towel and change of under clothes so I had to run home and I missed the beginning of the baptism. Autumn's started out with her forgetting her change of underwear. I explained to her several times she needed to change into white and put another pair in her bag. SHe missed something because all she had done was change into the white underwear. We were minus the underwear in the jumpsuit. I was afraid she would go nuts but I think she had enough to occupy her brain that it wasn't an issue. We get into the chapel and I sit down and Lee Joe informs me he forgot the baptism recommend. Again, I run home. This building is not as close as our chapel. I am upset again, baptism #4 That I am running home for something we shouldn't have forgotten. I get back in time to sing the end of the opening song. SO I didn't miss as much this time. That is where I am imagining my daughters weddings and me missing something because we couldn't get it together. Note to self-make checklists in the future.
1-make list of friends and family to invite and remember to invite before the day of the baptism.
2-bring towel and underwear for child(mom remember to check)
3-DAD bring towel and change of under clothes (mom remember to check)
4-bring recommend ( mom keep in purse or in glove compartment in van)
5- a brush or comb is also nice to have.
So Autumn felt special. She is a very thinking child and she talked about the sensations and how she felt in the water. She has really bonded with her dad through this and that is always priceless. My mom came and her Grandma Grandpa Lay were there. We went to the Golden Corral. We felt like people cattle at the trough but it really was good food. My mom actually came. And she ate ALOT for her. She has been sick. She is taking medication that helps her not throw up everything she eats so she could really eat and she enjoyed it.

Sunday Autumn was confirmed and Darren and Carrie made it for the confirmation. I made a roast dinner and we had strawberry shortcake after we watched Chronicles of Narnia. We had our neighbors over for dessert as well. I arm wrestled our neighbor. He beat me with the right arm and I popped his shoulder when we arm wrestled the left. I felt bad but I warned him that I popped a girls wrist in the 6th grade during the arm wrestling championship round at our school. That was probably the last year they did that.

The flooring is 85% in the rooms downstairs. We need trim and then a little more paint. The storage closet is finished though and I am doing a great job filling it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaeli turns five in May, Ashlynn will be that way having to wait another year before she starts, and so will Natalie. Kaeli seems very excited to strat K next year. I don't think Ashlynn will take it so well.

Unknown said...

Devanie and I sat here and read your blog. A short story but it was a good one. You only have two more baptisms to get it compleatly right. My children don't even know how to fold there arms. I feel so guilty. I have to work every other weekend and on the weekends that I can go something always comes up. Well I am using Dev's computer so I will talk to you soon Give everyone kisses.