Monday, April 06, 2009

Sunny yet grumpy

I am seriously grumpy. Could be the weird night sleep, Monday and a bunch of other stress getting to me. I could be much more positive and say "hey, I am so seriously thankful for 3 days of great weather after the blizzard misery that was Friday." I would have enjoyed being home looking out the window and saying "Man, look at that." But I was outside during the worst of it blowing me and all the poor little kids outside. I guess we could of said go in because no one was prepared for winter, it WAS suppose to rain. I was dressed for rain. The wind chill was 24 degrees ---not at the school(it had to be colder). The kids were huddling in corners with their ice creams-silly kids-and their popcorn-the school sells that on Fridays. We did let the last two grades go in but I was done being outside by then. But I am thankful for my paycheck because that has saved us the past few months and for the insurance. I am also thankful for the laptop I just got from cleaning a storage closet. I was told I could have it because it had been in there so long. I almost shook from containing the disbelief and excitement because I have been wanting a laptop for SOOO long. It works great even though it has all the school software on it and the battery is shot. Those things, I hope, can be fixed and I can still live with it in the meantime.

Somehow we scrounged up $900 for the 2 oldest to go on their Anahiem trip with the music department. It took rolling coins-about $48 worth and pulling out some unused lunch money from their lunch accounts-about $50. Amber has worked a bunch and Kelsea has babysat, grandma helped and the other grandma let Kelsea do a bunch of chores. I had to come up with $230.00 in the end and now we need to find money for them to eat and do whatever with when they go on the 22nd. Amber might have more paychecks and she has $75.00 coming for talking about fries for 2 hours. I would have done that! Kelsea will probably get to babysit a few times before she goes. Anyways, they will get to go now with their buddies. Going to Disneyland with my friends in high school is one of my favorite high school memories.

Yeah, I have spring fever. I want to be home doing something else all week. Oh well.

No comments: