Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Icing on the grumpy cake

Here is the icing on that grumpy thing I have going on about and may sum up my frustration and why I resist going on and on about the source of my grumpiness. It takes A LOT to make me loose it. But I shall NOT restrain myself no more! This morning, my husband, The grown man of the house! was dumping his boots on the front door mat just outside the front door. Why he couldn't reach one foot over and dump it in the rocks just off the front porch is beyond reason. And WHY he sees NOTHING wrong in this practice and WHY he thinks I am UNREASONABLE to ask him not to do such a thing when the wood floor is already ruined and covered in sandy dirt all the time-yes he makes a living that way and yes I show restraint in expressing my frustration at this. But PUHLEEESEEEE-who is being unreasonable. He never cleans up any of the dirt unless it is an obvious trail of large dirt clods from one end of the house to the other. I don't even have a decent vacuum and somebody tell me who hid the stinking BROOM!!!! Ok don't anybody comment defending on his behalf. If I piled HIS random stuff I find everywhere, which amounts to more than the 3 oldest leave around here-but in competition with the youngest, it would amount to a mountain. I am glad he is making money even though I never know when I can pay anything. All I can say is the Lay family ability to clean does not exist. I am not sure if I can take it anymore. OK I can breathe again-for right now. until I find that last straw, or sock, or shoes. I shall carry on, with my basket of his abandoned items. Have you seen my muscles lately? I hope I didn't harm your hearing(or eye sight) with my rant.

2 comments:

Janika said...

I used to spend hours cleaning my childhood home, but I could never get anyone to help me maintain. To this day, when my house gets out of control, I only feel helpless abandonment. And Good or bad, I would rather have a (reasonably) messy house than stress myself 1. cleaning up after everyone incessantly or 2. getting on everyone else's case to clean up after themselves. But what a glory it would be to have a husband who actually takes initiative--not just to yell at the kids to make them help, but to dig in and lead by example--without being nagged. I have never known such a thing. I feel your pain.

Kim and family said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! EXACTLY! I want some initiativefrom someone other than myself and an example other than myself and less dirt on my bare feet. Believe me, the house is nowhere near the condition I would like it to be in. EVER.