Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The ups and downs

Here is a mixed feeling item: Amber got her graduation announcements today. If I make her responsible they might get sent out. BUT that means the end is near that my first born will be done with school and out in the real world but that real world will still be at home. We aren't sending her away the way her boyfriend's family is sending him almost the minute he finishes school. Anyways they are nice and I still have to pay for her senior pictures. I have the proofs I just need to order our copies but it will happen soon.

I am fighting that stupid thing I that afficts me way too often. I have missed the past 2 days of work from it. I am frustrated and have done nothing but sleep. I get rid of it only to have it come back at 4 in the morning. The sinus doctor isn't helping much. I am waiting to see the neurologist on the 5th and I was fed up still yet again and went to a chiropractor that is also an acupuncturist. She was amazed at how tense all my back muscles and neck muscles are and says that my sinuses are really bad but of course it can't all get resolved in one visit. Hence the headache revisiting today. My back and neck feel better. She said it is like a sinus migraine flu and that describes what I feel perfectly. Add a little anemia and you wind up feeling like a beat up puny little pile of sleepy mush. I am desperate for pain relief and am frustrated with the lack of help in that department. I should cry and make more noise about it I guess at the doctor's office. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow. I feel better now but that didn't make a difference last night leading into today. So I will stop complaining--

On to the other up---My grandfather's visit was great. He is so funny. Only he can come from a trip from Alaska and have a near miss with a buffalo herd in Canada and hit a snowbank with his car. His car was in the shop while he was here getting a paint job. But he offered us this other car he has in Washington. I guess it is a 96 Dodge Neon. We just need to go pick it up when the snow melts a little more. Kelsea can get her driver's license now so it is perfect timing. Can't beat a free car. He was so excited to give it to us. He is so good about remembering birthdays. It is crazy his memory. He has been calling all the kids and me on our birthdays. And there are so many besides us. Someone asks him why he doesn't write it down and he says it he would just loose the thing he would write it down on.

Easter was nice. Grandpa and my mom were over for dinner. We still miss my sister and her family. It is always so quiet. But it was a very laid back day otherwise and the weather was beautiful. Grandpa brought his dog Bitsy. She was very attached to grandpa and he was attached to that dog too. We know where get all our pet lovin from.

Other than that--Amber and Kelsea go to Ananhiem next week for their music department trip. I wish I could go.....

No comments: