Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break is over.

So we are back into the swing of things like it or not. I like it not. I liked it at home. But the weather was pretty crappy all week. So not much happened. And of course it was sunny today but very chilly with the wind. We had a rather nasty storm blow in Saturday night and the wind howled all day Sunday. My mom's patio umbrella blew away to who knows where. I was afraid my gazebo would blow into into my family room window but it didn't.

We had company last night. Thomas and Randa came over. My kids were somewhat obnoxious-aftermath of being home all week together.

Since Janika asked-I read a book called "The Help" It takes place in Mississippi in the 60s it was a pretty Ok book. It was well written. But the books I love to read are by Maeve Binchy. She is from Ireland and I read and love anything by her. The latest book I read called Heart and Soul linked a bunch of characters together from her other books and I loved that. Now I want to go back and read her other books again So I can remember all the other stories. One of her books Tara Road was and Oprah book club pick but I was reading her books long before that. Some of her other books are Quentins, Scarlet Feather, Circle of Friends-that was a movie with Minnie Driver and Chris O'Donnell. There is so much by her I can't remember them all. I can't think of one I didn't like.

I haven't posted pictures here yet but I did put some on Facebook. I will try to get this updated soon. I have been a little out of it even though I was home for a week. I didn't get much accomplished. My back had issues for 3 days. I did visit a friend with all the kids and they all played. That was nice. I invited Amber's boyfriends family to the zoo with us and she(the mom) invited someone else and her kids along and I came home wishing we went on our own instead. Long story I don't care to revisit right here now. Little of my social phobia showing itself. I found out my brother has been in jail for a month and my mom isn't doing that great health wise. She is OK just not great. It was an interesting week and I still have a moutain of clean laundry in my downstairs bathroom and a broken handle on the toilet upstairs. I guess I should go to Home Depot tonight so we can flush the toilet like a normal family with indoor plumbing. Ahh the little things. It is time for me to write my own book :)

1 comment:

Janika said...

It's good not to get anything accomplished now and then. Some people call it a vacation. Congratulations on the reading.