Sunday, November 04, 2007

AHHHH-some time




The first 3 days this week kicked my fanny. What really kicked my fanny was an unruly kindergartener at the school at the end of the day that decided to take a run past the office and through the kindergarten class room, out the door and halfway across the playgound before I caught up to him. I hadn't had to run that fast in along time. Apparantly I need to do that more often. I worked half a day on Tues. And of course Halloween and I was EXHAUSTED!! before the day was even half over. So we survived, the kids felt really special in all their dressed up glory and we went to the trunk or treat and then went trick or treating in a nice neighborhood where most of the girls friends live. Amber dressed up like a pirate and walked the little girls through the neighborhood. She had her loud ear phones around her neck and played pirate music so she had theme music too. She didn't trick or treat. Kelsea went to a friends house and dressed up like a boy.

Thursday I got to recover. It is soo nice having things calm down a little. Kelsea made varsity in basketball. She has practices for a few weeks before games start. Friday I stayed home with Hannah. She has barking cold. It was early release. It saved me from going back to the school and hour and half later. I baked two cakes-100% homemade, not a box mix. One for a funeral and one for us. I cleaned house. So nice to see it clean even if it is only for a day. Sat the dog threw up in two places in the family room. I had to shampoo the carpet. I was going to shampoo anyway. Lee Joe and I went shopping for trim and other house stuff. We were gone all day and had lunch out. We haven't done that in ages. And then we came home proceeded to destroy things in the process of making things look nice. I started getting my tile together for the kitchen and mudded some of the walls and Lee Joe trimmed out the doorway that use to have the sliding glass door in it. We are shopping for a ceiling fan for our room. For some reason Lee Joe is fixated on having one that looks like an airplane propeller. I am giving him first choice on the fan and I think I found one online that he will really like but it costs a lot. So when we get there I will take pictures and post them-do you believe me?


We are having some successes with our fish. We have lost some too. Our big tank has been doing well. We lost one fish a few weeks ago. Everyone else is hanging in there. 24 fish, a big snail and two frogs in our big one. Our guppy tank has been up and down. We have lost more guppies. I have made few healthy again. But the fish guy I saw says he has trouble with guppies too. We have had several batches of babies. We think the frogs ate the first big round of babies so they got moved. Our first two babies that were getting really big died. We had 6 babies, 3 or 4 died but now we are back up to 5. We have 4 ghost shrimp in that tank. One is so big and now HER belly is covered in eggs so we will see how many shrimp we end with. I was going to name that one George but I guess she is a Georgette. Maybe the guppies will eat some of those of the shrimp babies otherwise we could be in a heap of trouble. And we have a big snail in there and a cory catfish. We are going to fish sit for the next few weeks while my neighbor is away.

We are progressing well right now. I always have too much to do but things are happening. I can't believe how close Christmas is now. Ack!! I am not ready for that-we just had Christmas last month it feels like.

I have written my book on this past week so there you go!

1 comment:

Janika said...

I am glad you are getting some downtime. Hate that you are having hospital issue. I feel your pain.