Saturday, November 10, 2007

Taking it easy

I always have high hopes for long weekends like this but when they happen sometimes it is just nice to not worry about much and that is what we have done. I cleaned so well on Wednesday that it has actually lasted most the weekend. We have done some pick-ups here and there. Amber had friends over and what I prepared for food left a minor mess. I haven't cooked and we have shopped some and Lee Joe came along with us all on Friday to the mall and we had ice cream at Baskin Robbins. Today we went to the parade that Amber marched in. I was feeling crappy so when we got home both her and I slept a long time. Autumn has started her barking cough. Hannah was sick last weekend and Kylee sounds like she could be starting so I may stay home with the sick ones again tomorrow.

By the way we had parent teacher conferences on weds and thurs. I met with 15 teachers in two days. All but one teacher had high praise. The one teacher says her attitude is improving. That is Kelsea in orchestra. It has been a battle since the begining of the year with the teacher. Many 9th graders quit at the start of the year. I wouldn't let Kelsea. When I got the call from the teacher telling me she has been disrespectful in class I was upset with Kelsea. But when I talked to her she had been bothered by the teacher causing a 9th grade boy to cry in class. And that is where her attitude came from. In the meantime I talked to the counselor about what happened and then the principal evaluated his class and I e-mailed him and suggested he talk to another teacher that is fantastic with the kids and Kelsea has that teacher for one of her classes and basketball. That teacher talked to Kelsea and gave the orchestra teacher some suggestions and positive change started taking place. We will see if it lasts though. I might have to give in to letting her out of that class at the end of the semester. He wants to win Kelsea over. He rocognizes she has talent. So there you go!

2 comments:

Janika said...

I went nuts yesterday, so I definitely took it easy today.

Maryanne said...

Glad to hear that things are going well for the family. After lasy week I think that things have gone a lot smoother this week. Kelsey has some Lay spirit, She does not take crap and if she see that someone else is giving a dose of hurt she will step in and let them know that they are wrong. Love you all.