Monday, August 27, 2007

silly fish tales

Yes I have a tremendous preoccupation with the fish. I have been treating all my fish with a broad spectum parasite and bacteria killer. I got a new male guppy over the weekend and 3 cory cats and 3 shrimp that are in my 2nd tank with the one surviving shrimp. The medicine I put in the water has a net and sponge life preserver thing that helps it float above the water. I was looking for the new guppy this morning and finally found it caught in the net! How he did that I don't know but he was alive and it was tricky getting him out. SO then at 11 I was looking at the tank again and was looking for our two biggest new fish. They are dwarf gouramis but they about 3 inches wide and 4 inches long. I couldn't find the biggest guy. He is the biggest fish and I didn't see him anywhere until I saw something sticking out of the plastic hollow tree trunk. He was stuck. He was really really stuck but still alive. I couldn't figure out how to get him out at all. I thought popsicle sticks might help. Hannah and I ate a fudgesicle as fast as we could. I tried with one first and it didn't work and then I tried two to gently grab him and tug gently. He was terribly stuck. I pulled on the back half of his body and he made it out but boy is he bruised and traumatized. He looks awful. I think he was stuck awhile. I don't see how he got there in the first place. But he will be lucky if he survives his recovery.

This morning and late night was so obnoxious. We got a car pool figured out for Kelsea and Amber to get to seminary and school together. I got a call from my friend saying that she is hearing rumors that seminary is at our church rather than the seminary building. She told me that days ago and I talked to someone and then she told me it again. So after 9 last night we are trying to call the people in charge to find out. We never got a call from anyone regarding seminary. No luck so we set our plan to go to the seminary building and check there first. THen Amber gets a call and finds out her zero hour class starts later because of it being the first day of school. Our car pool has to be reconfigured a little. It worked out. Kelsea's ride was late. Lee Joe picked up another boy to be picked up at our house and was about to take them to seminary. Their only problem(Our car pool people) was they had a hard time finding our house in the dark. They took Kelsea and Chris in the end. I took Amber to school when I went to pick up the seminary kids. That worked out fine. Kelsea told me that the three of them from our ward were not on their roll at all. Then I got home to get Kylee and Autumn ready. Hannah's first day is tomorrow. That saved me one more trip to the schools today. So everyone survived their first day that went today. Amber has homework in every class. But she was glad to have opted out of AP history. Her friend has it with the other classes Amber does have and her backpack broke from the weight of her books. I haven't seen Kelsea yet. She has volleyball and is hanging out with friends until then.

I didn't sleep but maybe 2 hours last night so today has been kind of rough. I was in bed but couldn't sleep. I am under some tremendous stress but I still can't say much more, it is just not good at all. When I stay lost in fish and kids I am somewhat all right. But not really. I can't talk about it online or in person. So again I am sorry.

2 comments:

Janika said...

Sounds like Kimmie needs some Kimmie time--Probably some Kimmie and Ee Doe time. I am having a bit of a 35 crisis myself right now. I had a little epiphany when I was watching "What Not to Wear; Where are they now" Women had gotten new wardrobes and makeovers, and some of them slipped back into their old dress habits. They were resisting the new, wonderful them they had discovered. I have been trying to re-create a past self rather than explore and embrace a new, mid- thirties self. We are awesome.

Unknown said...

Love Love LOve LOVe LOVE you Kim.

You should come to time out for women in Logan? - or Boise. I'm going to the one in Utah. Take Vicki or another girlfriend. I hear it's just AWESOME. I'm going with the girls on Nathans side you are more than welcome to come hang out with us. Check LDS.org and find which works best for you! You can stay in our hotel room sept 14th and the 15th is the date of the actual thingy. There are tons of awewome speakers and I hear they give all kinds of great ideas to use at home.