Thursday, July 12, 2007

reunion and aftermath

We left for the reunion on Friday. We met everyone and had pictures done at a pond down the road from Devanie's house. The kids caught some catfish and some mosquitoes caught my girls. I think Amber was the sweetest with Kylee in second.

Saturday was the big Lagoon day. We planned it right by going into the waterpark first. We all got tubes and had a good time. There was a line to get in for hours later. Of course that was the hottest time of the day. We cycled kids around and at one point I had Claire, Andrew, Hailey and Sierra. Claire started getting a tummy ache. But she was determined to go on the rides. She said when she was on the ride she was fine. Standing in line it hurt. I had her cool off in the fountain. I was hoping she wasn't overheated. But we went to where our stuff was and within a half an hour she was throwing up. She was sick the rest of the day. Poor thing. Everyone stayed busy and poor grandma spent most of the rest of the day nursing Claire and helping with Aurora. And Devanie spelled her off when she went with Nathan for food. We need to make a special trip with Grandma so she can have some fun.

Sunday the flu hit some more. Poor Devanie and then Sierra and Claire was still afflicted. We visited and packed and then in the afternoon the power went out. We left for home after our whirlwind weekend. I have some pictures but I need to locate the camera.

Monday I shopped and then Tuesday the flu caught up with Amber and I. Amber has had drum major camp all week. She couldn't afford to miss any time there but missed the morning and evening session. I was flat on my back all day. It was the nastiest flu I remember having for quite some time. I thought I was better Weds. Not so. Amber made it to camp all day though and came home with blue turf in her shoes. They were marching on the BSU football field. They are having a performance on Friday. Kylee caught the flu sort of Tuesday eveing and Weds. And Lee Joe had it Weds and missed work. He still feels kind of bad today but he is at work. The rest of the kids have watched movies and stayed home all week. Kelsea is pet sitting and will be babysitting today and tomorrow morning. We will see which kids have yet to come down with the flu. Friday and Saturday are our next days to watch.

My favorite show of all time is rebuilding a house 30 minutes away from us. Extreme Home Makeover is in Middleton. I am tempted to make a trip there to check it out and see Ty in person. I will let you know if we are flu free and time released to check it out. The other big drawback is it is suppose to be over 100 degrees the whole time they are here. We will see what see what happens. Pictures are coming!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the "bug" and with Ty

Janika said...

I feel bad--not because I'm sick, but because I'm not. Mikey and Lexi brought the stuff from who knows where, then Claire got it, but none of the rest of us did. Well, Mike did in the car on the way home. That put a heavy burden on me to do the nonstop driving for 24 hours. He relieved me a few times, but we had to stop a lot of times so he could relieve himself. I slept most of yesterday, have already taken a nap today and am willing to take another. I don't know how long it will take me to recover, but I have to get stuff done.