Saturday, July 14, 2007

It's late BUT--

Kelsea and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It is really not like us to see a movie just a few days into it's release but she has been counting down the days and she is counting down the days to when the last book comes out. She actually has read all the books and so have I . The movie was really good. What's not good is when you have read the book you know what's coming. And when it's over you realize all the important stuff they left out but over all it was a very well done movie. And we needed something like that to end this miserable week with.

I have not been able to watch movies in a long time. For one I am usually too busy. Half hour and one hour shows occasionally is all I have had time for in the evenings. And I hate getting interrupted watching movies during the day. I had to pause The Devil wears Prada about 10 times when I watched that a few weeks ago. They kids can leave me alone all day until I don't want to be bothered. But we are trying Netflix just for the summer. I remember now that I really like to watch movies. One of the really good ones we just watched was Stranger than Fiction. Movies are a great thing to do when it is 104 outside. When is the heat going to end!! Netflix is awesome because I don't have to leave the house.

Shrek the 3rd is in the cheap theatre now. So maybe we will head out to see that next week.

Amber's camp ended today. Unfortunately the time that the last day program was suppose to start was miscommunicated. I missed half of the program and only saw the group of drum majors do one of their 3 routines and missed the drum corp and saw 1/4 of the color guards routine. I did see one of Amber's fellow drum majors from her school get a trophy. And they mentioned how caring he was and how he informed them when one of the other drum majors (Amber) was sick and wasn't there. AWWWW. Amber helped him earn his trophy. Then Amber and Kelsea volunteered themselves to help at a scout daycamp a few weeks back. I guess they got some vounteer hours in but I had to drive them there and back. I don't even think it was our stake's scout camp. Hey! Where's my credit for vounteer hours? So in the end after I took Amber shopping for her party and took her to it and bought my really good friend a couple of cakes and ice cream for her birthday and took it to her because her husband is in China, and made a real dinner for the first time this week, I took Kelsea and myself to a movie. How's that for time for me! Lee Joe stayed home with the kids, collected Amber and got some more recovery sleep. He is still struggling to recover as well. Working out in this extreme heat isn't helping him at all.

Aren't you glad you aren't here at my house listening to me ramble on like this. My fingers are as chatty as my mouth would be at this hour. Good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could be at your house listening to you ramble. We didn't get a whole lot of time together over the weekend.

I'm still looking forward to those pictures!!